Giffordtown 5K Road Race
27 Nov 2022
Fife Athletic Club
Giffordtown 5k Road Race
27th November 2022
Under SAL/UKA Rules
Start Time: 11.00 am
Age Restrictions: Runners must be 13 or older on the day of the race.
The Event Organiser is Frank McLaren
The Giffordtown 5k road race is held on a flat and fast out-and-back course on quiet country roads. There will be a Temporary Traffic Restriction Order (TTRO) in place that should ensure a traffic free environment. The Giffordtown 5k has an AUKCM course certificate ensuring that the distance is accurately measured.
Registration is at the Giffordtown Village Hall from 10 AM. The start/finish area is approximately 150m from the hall. Please note that there are no showering facilities at the hall. Athletes should come ready to run to prevent changing in the hall.
Parking: At the Giffordtown Hall behind the hall. Limited parking on the roads next to the hall.
Prize giving: This year there will be no prize giving ceremony and athletes are expected to disperse as soon as possible. Once results have been compiled and verified, prizes will be transferred electronically or posted to prize winners.
There will be prizes for the 1st 3 Men and Women and the 1st athlete in the Men and Women U20, Senior, O40, O50, O60 and O70 categories. All finishers are eligible in the overall category and their own age group. However only 1 prize per finisher will be awarded with the overall category taking precedence.
A bonus prize of £50 will be awarded to the 1st male that beats the men's course record of 14.59 held by Logan Rees of Fife AC or to the 1st female that beats the women's course record of 16.45 held by Morag MacLarty of Central AC.
Entry Transfer Policy: All entries are non-refundable. However, if the race is full and up to 25/9/2022 we are pleased to offer a free transfer service as long as there is no evidence of selling the entry on at an increased fee. With permission of the Entry Organiser you can transfer your place to a friend/relative/teammate etc, but you must handle any reimbursement of funds directly with that person. The Entry Organiser will swap the entry details.
The Entry Organiser is Ron Morrison
Please note terms and conditions of entry:
- To enter the race, a runner must be:
- Eligible to compete under SAL rules and willing to abide by those rules.
- Aged 13 years or over on the day of the race.
- Physically fit to run 5K.
- Entries for runners under the age of 18 must be made by a parent or legal guardian.
- All runners participate entirely at their own risk. The race organisers (Fife AC) and their associates shall not be liable for any accident, injury, loss or damage arising as a consequence of any runner’s participation in the race.
- Submitting an entry to the race authorises Fife AC to use for promotional purposes pictures of the runner taking part in the Giffordtown 5K race or prize-giving.
- Refunds will be made in the event of the organisers deciding to cancel the race.
|25 Nov 2022 23:59||£10.00||£12.00|
*Discounted for members of any of SA EA WA
To sign-up for this event, the Service Fee is 4% (min 50p) for each sign-up
Dates and Status
11:00:00 - 13:00:00
Total Places: 200
Places Available: ??List