Ceres 8 Road Race
14 Aug 18
Fife Athletic Club
Ceres 8 Road Race
14th August 2018
Under SAL/UKA Rules
Start Time: 7.00 pm
Age Restrictions: Runners must be 16 or older on the day of the race.
The Ceres 8 is held on a scenic, undulating circular course on quiet country roads. There will be a Temporary Traffic Restriction Order (TTRO) in place that should ensure a traffic free environment. The Ceres 8 has an AUKCM course certificate ensuring that the distance is an accurately measured eight miles.
Registration is at Ceres Memorial Hall from 5:30pm. The start and finish areas are both approximately 200m from the hall. Please note that there are no showering facilities at the hall. After the race all runners will be provided with light refreshments.
Parking: At the car park opposite the village green and the car park behind the Spar shop. Very limited parking elsewhere in the village. Please be considerate when parking in the village.
Prize giving: All finishing athletes will be presented with a medal. Once results have been compiled and verified, prizes will be presented inside Ceres Memorial Hall within an hour of the first person crossing the finish line.
There will be prizes for the 1st 3 men and women and U20, O40, O50, O60 and O70 categories.
Entry Transfer Policy: All entries are non-refundable. However, we are pleased to offer a free transfer service as long as there is no evidence of selling the entry on at an increased fee. With permission of the Entry Organiser you can transfer your place to a friend/relative/teammate etc, but you must handle any reimbursement of funds directly with that person. The Entry Organiser will swap the entry details as long as they are notified before the day of the event. Changes cannot be made on the day of the race.
Please note terms and conditions of entry:
- To enter the race, a runner must be:
- Eligible to compete under SAL rules and willing to abide by those rules.
- Aged 16 years or over on the day of the race.
- Physically fit to run 8 miles.
- Entries for runners under the age of 18 must be made by a parent or legal guardian.
- All runners participate entirely at their own risk. The race organisers (Fife AC) and their associates shall not be liable for any accident, injury, loss or damage arising as a consequence of any runner’s participation in the race.
- Submitting an entry to the race authorises Fife AC to use for promotional purposes pictures of the runner taking part in the Ceres 8 race or prize-giving.
- Refunds will be made in the event of the organisers deciding to cancel the race.