St Helens Tri Club
St Helens TRI - 2023-24 SEASON (please see also our st helens TRI website for more information).
WELCOME TO ST HELENS TRI CLUB
St Helens TRI now entering a 9th year, is a triathlon club based in St Helens, Merseyside. Our club catchment area includes St Helens, Warrington, Liverpool, Wigan, Chorley and surrounding areas.
St Helens TRI has a mixture of competitive triathletes, cyclists and runners. Members compete in all distances in triathlon/duathlon/aquathlon, cycle road racing, cyclocross, time trials, road running events, trail/fell races, cross country and ultra marathons. The club has a relaxed and informal feel, with members keen to get out in club colours, whatever their favoured discipline. The club holds a Bronze Tri mark status with British Triathlon, with a dedicated Welfare officer. There is a small junior section, many of our club sessions are suitable for juniors (aged 8 and upwards). St Helens TRI is competitive at all levels, having a mixed membership of novices, seasoned amateurs and GB athletes.
Through the season club sessions change, many are free to attend and others have a small cost. We operate a contactless payment system via i-zettle:-
- Tuesday (All year round) - Structured Swim Session at Selwyn Jones Leisure Centre, Newton Le Willows, 8pm-9pm - £4 club members / £5 non members and £3 for juniors. Swim technique master classes are available during this session, for a small additional cost.
- Tuesday (May to September) - Cycle/Run Brick Session at Bickerstaff. Meet at the football club carpark: 6.30-8.00pm - £FREE.
- Saturday (All year round) - Structured swim session for Seniors and Juniors at Selwyn Jones Leisure Centre, Newton Le Willows, 9.00-10.30am - Members=£4.50 Adults/£3.50 Juniors; Non-Members=£5.50 Adults/£4.50 Juniors.
- Sunday (Autumn-Spring) - 'A' and 'B' Group club bike rides - always check club forum - £FREE. The club has a thriving Zwift group for those rainy days.
- With our affiliation to CTT, throughout the Spring/Summer the club also cycle 10 mile timetrials on a Tuesday, organised by Wigan Wheelers and Liverpool Phoenix Clubs. Sign on at White Moss Road South in Bickerstaffe from 6pm, with racing beginning at 7pm. Fee to be confirmed.
There are qualified club coaches providing advice, along with a wealth of experience within the membership. St Helens TRI is affiliated to Triathlon England (Starmark Certified), British Cycling, Cycling Time Trials (CTT), England Athletics (EA) and a member of St Helens District Sports Council.
As St Helens TRI is affiliated to England Athletics, if you wish to run 1st claim (or renew your registration) for us then please tick the relevant box in the membership form (+ £16 Fee, which goes directly to EA). If you are currently a member of another running club and wish to transfer, access the EA transfer club button on your EA profile. If you already run for another athletics club you can race for the club as a 2nd claim athlete, where events allow.
WHAT DO YOU GET FOR YOUR MEMBERSHIP FEE?
Your membership fee covers the full year to March 31st. As a member you are entitled to:
- Attend and participate in our club training sessions (some session charges apply).
- Access to qualified coaches at training sessions.
- Access the "members only" Facebook group.
- Purchase, wear and race in St Helens TRI Bioracer kit.
- Purchase, wear and race in St Helens running and casual gear from www.fightoutlet.co.uk/sthelenstri
- The benefits of reduced governing body membership fees as a member of an affiliated club (Triathlon England and British Cycling).
- Race in all open cycle time trials as a member of an affiliated club to Cycling Time Trials.
- As a 1st Claim England Athletics member you have the opportunity to apply for the club's London Marathon Place each year (conditions apply - see club constitution).
- Priority at club run sessions, where numbers may become restricted, or club member discounts (if applicable).
We want your time with us to be safe and enjoyable. To ensure you are in an appropriate state of health to start a programme of training with us you will be asked some health questions as part of the application process.
- If you answer YES to any of the questions you must consult your doctor to ensure it is safe for you to train with us. This must be done before we can accept your membership.
- If you honestly answered NO to all the questions we can all be reasonably confident that it is safe for you to train with us.
- If your answer is DON'T KNOW to any of the questions, you must seek advice from your doctor. We will be able to accept your membership after you tell us that your doctor says it is safe to train.
- If your health changes at anytime so that you would answer YES to any of the questions, you must inform your coach, cease training immediately and consult your doctor regarding whether it is safe to begin training again.
- Adult Club & Racing Membership £20
- Junior Club & Racing Membership £5 (required for training venue insurance)
- England Athletics Registration is £16 but not compulsory. It does enable you to claim £2 off every road race, along with other events as an affiliated running club member. For new members to the club, EA affiliation if selected will commence within 10 days of your membership submissio
NB: You need to join TRIATHLON ENGLAND and/or BRITISH CYCLING yourself directly as an affiliated club member (discounts available as an affiliated club) - it is not a necessity, but may be required for some of your cycling events. National Governing Body membership does provide training insurance for athletes for certain levels of membership, which can be useful to have.
CLUB RULES & CONSTITUTION
- These will be sent to you upon joining St Helens TRI
!!JOIN NOW FOR THE 2023-24 SEASON AND REACH YOUR FULL POTENTIAL!!