St Helens Tri Club
St Helens TRI - 2020-21 SEASON (please see also our st helens TRI website for more information).
WELCOME TO ST HELENS TRI CLUB
St Helens TRI now entering its 6th year, is a triathlon club based in St Helens, Merseyside. Our club catchment area includes St Helens, Warrington, Liverpool, Wigan, Chorley and surrounding areas.
St Helens TRI has a mixture of competitive triathletes, cyclists and runners. Members compete at all distances in triathlon/duathlon/aquathlon, cycle road racing, cyclocross, time trials, road running events, trail/fell races, cross country and ultra marathons. The club has a relaxed and informal feel, with members keen to get out in club colours, whatever their favoured discipline. The senior section continues to build, whilst our future is in safe hands with an ever growing and successful junior team. St Helens TRI are competitive at all levels, having a mixed membership of novices, seasoned amateurs and GB athletes.
Through the season club sessions change, but our normal week looks like this:-
- Monday (Spring/Summer Only) - Open Water Swim Session (Eccleston Mere, St Helens) - see www.beurbest.com for details).
- Monday (all year round) - Low heart rate run from Rainford village 6.30pm to 8pm £FREE
- Tuesday (October-March) - Novice and/or Chaingang Bike Session (Pimbo Industrial Estate, 7.00-8.00pm - £FREE).
- Tuesday (All year round) - Structured Swim Session (Selwyn Jones Leisure Centre, Newton Le Willows, 9.00-10.00pm - £2 club members / £3 non members). Swim technique master classes are available during this session, for a small additional cost.
- Tuesday (April to September) - Cycle/Run Brick Session (Pimbo Industrial Estate: 6.30-8.00pm - £FREE).
- Wednesday (All year round) - Onroad and offroad run session in Rainford (6.30-8.00pm - £FREE).
- Wednesday (All year round) - Structured swim session at Edge Hill, see www.beurbest.com for details.
- Friday (All year round) 7am - 8am, structured swim session at Edge Hill, see www.beurbest.com
- Saturday (All year round) - Structured swim session for Seniors and Juniors (Selwyn Jones Leisure Centre, Newton Le Willows, 9.00-10.30am - Members=£4 Adults/£3 Juniors; Non-Members=£5 Adults/£4 Juniors)
- Sunday (Autumn-Spring) - 'A' and 'B' Group club bike rides - always check club forum - £FREE. The club has a thriving Zwift group for those rainy days.
- Through the Spring/Summer the club also cycle 10mile timetrials on a Tuesday (Prescot Eagle/Liverpool Phoenix/Mersey RC/East L'Pool Wheelers Clubs - £3.50*) or Wednesday (Wigan CC/St Helens CRC - £3.50*) - First Rider 7.00pm (* charges subject to change).
There are numerous qualified club coaches providing advice, along with a wealth of experience within the membership. St Helens TRI is affiliated to Triathlon England (Starmark Certified), British Cycling, Cycling Time Trials (CTT), England Athletics, the Manchester Area Cross Country League (MACCL) and a member of St Helens District Sports Council.
As St Helens TRI is affiliated to England Athletics, if you wish to run 1st claim (or renew your registration) for us then please tick the relevant box in the membership form (+ £16 Fee, which goes directly to EA). If you are currently a member of another running club and wish to transfer please organise the paperwork with your current club and advise us by email following your application. If you are currently registered with 'RunBritain' please advise us by email (including your EA Membership Number). If you already run for another athletics club you can race for the club as a 2nd claim athlete, where events allow.
WHAT DO YOU GET FOR YOUR MEMBERSHIP FEE?
Your membership fee covers the full year to March 31st. As a member you are entitled to:
- Attend and participate in our club training sessions (some session charges apply).
- Access to qualified coaches at training sessions.
- Access the "members only" Facebook group.
- Purchase, wear and race in St Helens TRI Bioracer kit.
- Purchase, wear and race in St Helens running and casual gear from www.barniesport.com
- The benefits of reduced governing body membership fees as a member of an affiliated club (Triathlon England and British Cycling).
- Free entry in the Manchester Area Cross Country League - 5 races from October to February each year (if registered with England Athletics).
- Race in all open cycle time trials as a member of an affiliated club to Cycling Time Trials.
- As a 1st Claim England Athletics member you have the opportunity to apply for the club's London Marathon Place each year (conditions apply - see club constitution).
- Priority at club run sessions, where numbers may become restricted, or club member discounts (if applicable).
We want your time with us to be safe and enjoyable. To ensure you are in an appropriate state of health to start a programme of training with us you will be asked some health questions as part of the application process.
- If you answer YES to any of the questions you must consult your doctor to ensure it is safe for you to train with us. This must be done before we can accept your membership.
- If you honestly answered NO to all the questions we can all be reasonably confident that it is safe for you to train with us.
- If your answer is DON'T KNOW to any of the questions, you must seek advice from your doctor. We will be able to accept your membership after you tell us that your doctor says it is safe to train.
- If your health changes at anytime so that you would answer YES to any of the questions, you must inform your coach, cease training immediately and consult your doctor regarding whether it is safe to begin training again.
- Adult Club & Racing Membership £15
- Junior Club & Racing Membership £5 (required for training venue insurance)
- England Athletics Registration £16 (not compulsory, but enables money off road races, free entry to 5 Manchester League Cross Country events and other events as an affiliated running club member) - THIS IS ONLY FOR RUNNERS WHO WISH ST HELENS TRI TO BE THEIR 1st CLAIM CLUB (NEW OR RENEWALS) AND ARE CURRENTLY NOT A MEMBER OF ANOTHER RUNNING CLUB. For new members to the club EA affiliation if selected will commence within 10 days of your membership submission
NB: You need to join TRIATHLON ENGLAND and/or BRITISH CYCLING yourself directly as an affiliated club member (discounts available as an affiliated club) - it is not a necessity, but may be required for some of your cycling events. National Governing Body membership does provide training insurance for athletes for certain levels of membership, which can be useful to have.
CLUB RULES & CONSTITUTION
- For our Club Rules please go to St Helens Tri - Club Rules to view.
- For our Club Constitution please go to St Helens Tri - Club Constitution to view.
!!JOIN NOW FOR THE 2020-21 SEASON AND REACH YOUR FULL POTENTIAL!!