Witham May Day 10 mile
03 May 2020
Welcome to the Witham Running Club May Day 10 race!
We are proud that this race is the Essex Championship 10 mile race in 2020.
- 10 mile course
- £15 affiliated, £17 unaffiliated, though if you opt out of the t-shirt we will give you a £2 discount. £20 on the day entry (if places are still available).
- You must have entered online with a valid license number by the 26th April 2020 to enter the Essex Championship. Unaffiliated runners are not eligible to enter the Essex Championship.
- Race limit - 500 places
- Fast, undulating, mainly rural, all road course.
- Race held under UK Athletic Rules. UKA Licence No: pending
- SEAA Measured Course Certificate 17/389
- All Race Numbers with chips, are to be collected on the day
- Race will be chip timed
Start of the race is approx 600 metres from the Rugby club. Please refer to the course map, race instructions and follow directions from Marshals.
Please allow plenty of time on the day to collect your number from race HQ. No refunds, please contact us for transfers. No transfers will be possible after Sunday 26th April 2020.
- Commemorative T-shirt available to all finishers who haven’t opted out at entry stage
- Presentation ceremony shortly after the race.
- Trophies (one per winner) will be awarded as follows:
- First three males. First three females (Open age group)
- First MV40, MV50, MV60, MV70
- First FV40, FV50, FV60, FV70
- First Male team and First Female team (four runners to count) – trophy for each member of the team
Whilst we will endeavour to provide a T-shirt of the correct size we will be unable to guarantee this for entries received after 13/04/2020.
Essex medals will be awarded separately.
Parking will be available at Witham Rugby Club (ground conditions permitting) or close by.
The wearing of headphones, or similar devices (other than those medically prescribed), is not permitted. Anyone using these devices may be disqualified and we reserve the right to not provide a t-shirt to anyone disqualified for this reason.
We are unfortunately unable to cater for wheelchair contestants.
Minimum age of 17.
No accompanying dogs or cyclists.
Time limit: 2 hours.
Changing and refreshments are all available at the rugby club.
If you have any queries please use the contact page, and select ‘May Day 10' as the nature of your enquiry.