Killearn 10k Trail Race
04 Jun 2022
Entry Now Open
Killearn 10k Trail Race
11am Saturday 4th June 2022
NO WAITING LIST
We normally sell out so get in quick.
The Killearn 10k (www.killearn10k.com) is a Scottish Athletics affiliated event (licence pending), organised and facilitated by members of the local community. Although classified as a trail run, it is multi-terrain with tarmac, forest path, farm track and open grassland.
Entry fees include the fantastic Killearn 10k technical t-shirt or vest, and finishers will receive a medal. Entries are limited and there will be no waiting list. We normally sell out, so get in quick.
The feedback from past years was excellent: 'What a great day'...'great day, very well organised and good fun'...'big thanks to all the marshals who kept us going'...'very scenic and well organised, don't ever change the route'...'well done everyone'.
Entry is open to participants aged 16 years and over. We are LGBT friendly. We are non-binary friendly. You may enter as female, male or non-binary. If you are transgender, we are happy for you to enter and run in the gender category you identify with.
Final registration information will be released when confirmed (early 2022). Our plans will be determined by any COVID-19 rules, regulations and best practice in place in early 2022. We anticipate registration will be in Killearn Park.
To ensure we are able to respond to changes related to COVID-19 or other eventualities we plan to move the starting point for the Killearn 10k. However, this will bring a positive change allowing us to move to chip start and finish (previously gun start, chip finish).
After this minor change the Killearn 10k will keep to the same beautiful route as before, the trail heads out through the village onto the historic pipe track, following along the foothills of Dumgoyne, returning back via Ibert Road. The finish line will be in Killearn Park where medals will be awarded to all finishers. Prize giving at 12:30pm in the park. There is a generous 1 hour 30 minutes time limit, after which the finish will close. See www.killearn10k.com for further details or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/killearn10k).
WE OPERATE A STRICT NO REFUND POLICY
- Runners must adhere to all COVID-19 restrictions/legislation current on the day they run their 10k.
- Entrants must be aged 16 years or over on race day.
- Entrants must ensure that they are medically fit to run and understand that participation is at their own risk.
- Runners must agree to read and comply with the risk assessment that will be published prior to the start date.
- The organisers will not be liable for any loss injury damage action cost or expenses, which may arise as a result of my taking part in this event or from the postponement or cancellation of this event for any reason whatsoever.
- The Killearn 10k is Scottish Athletics Limited affiliated, conforming to UKA Rules (licence pending).