Hell of the North Cotswolds
03 Sep 2023
The original & classic British Off-Road Endurance Cycling Event now in its 38th year & originally run with a nod to the famous Paris-Roubaix event in France. Promoted & organised by Winchcombe Cycling Club* & Cheltenham & County Cycling Club
We are delighted to announce that our venue for HONC 38 will again be the historic Sudeley Castle Estate in Winchcombe.
Gates open at 7.00am with a staggered start between 7:30-9.00am
Our aim as ever is to provide all of our riders with great day’s riding in the beautiful Cotswolds with rider & volunteer safety our top priority.
· After the success of the last two years entry this year will increase to 1200 riders
· The staggered start adopted over the last two years has proved popular with the vast majority of riders. Riders can once again choose their start time between 07.30 to 09.00 hr. Our marshals will organise groups on the day depending on arrival time.
· Entry Numbers will either be available at a Registration Desk on the day or will be posted to entrants in the week before the event.
· Food & drink will be available at the start/finish. Water & a range of snack food will be available at the food stop on a self-service basis supported by TORQ Fitness
· To ensure the viability of our event going forward entry fees will again be £30 for adults and £15 for U18 which now includes a small non-refundable Administration Fee.
· In circumstances where the organisers need to cancel the event an alternative date will be offered, alternatively a full refund of the entry fee will be made, less an Administration Fee of £3.00
HONC is a NON COMPETETIVE ON & OFF-ROAD CHALLENGE aimed at experienced riders. It is run under British Cycling Rules & Guidelines & over challenging routes across the hills & valleys of the beautiful Cotswolds, using a combination of roads, tracks & bridleways, with significant off-road sections.
ROUTES - Choose on the day between 100km for experienced & fit riders & 50km for those who know just how tough the off-road Cotswold Hills can be. You can also ride 75km by following the 100km route to the food stop & then following the 50km route to the finish.
RIDER SUPPORT – Riders will be provided with Emergency Contact Details. Professional first aid will be provided & there will be a Cycle Recovery Service. There will be a mobile repair service available at the start & the food stop.
GPX routes will be made available to all registered riders in the week before the event & the routes will be marked by distinctive black & yellow HONC arrows on the day.
FOOD & DRINK will be available all day at the start/finish from 07.00hr & there will also be a Food Stop at around the half way point of the 100km & 50km routes, where Self Service Food, & Water will be available. A bar and entertainment will also be available throughout the day at Sudely Castle for family and friends of HONC riders and post ride celebrations.
CAR PARKING, TOILETS & BIKE WASH will be available at Sudeley Castle & toilets will be available at the Food Stop.
ENTRY FEES - ADULT £30, JUNIOR (under 18 years on the day) £15 (both include a non-refundable £3.00 Administration Fee). NO ENTRIES CAN BE ACCEPTED ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT
PAYMENT - can be made for individual or multiple entries by secure card transaction.
CHARITABLE DONATIONS -after making donations approaching £25K over the past 5 years we are pleased to have been able to make donations to the following organisation once again: Gloucestershire Air Ambulance, Cleeve Common Trust, Cyclist against Cancer and WAM youth.
HQ & START & FINISH – Sudeley Castle & Gardens, Winchcombe, Gloucestershire. GL54 5JD
THE FLYING OF DRONES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED
*Winchcombe Cycling Club - a company limited by guarantee Registered in England, Number 8113168. Registered Office 24 Wincel Road, Winchcombe, Glos. GL54 5YE
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Date: 03 Sep 2023
Closing Date: 30 Aug 2023 23:59
Places Available/Total: ??/1200