Gloucester 10K - (CANCELLED)
05 Jul 2020
Covid - 19 and Gloucester 10k Update - 18th May 2020
Dear Runner and Event Supporter,
It is time to update you about the status of this year’s Gloucester 10k scheduled for 5th July 2020.
Whilst we have delayed a decision as long as we can in the hope that we would be able to run this year's Gloucester 10k in some form or another, it is clear that this will not be possible. This always has been and always will be a community event organised by volunteers for the community with all proceeds going back into the community. We have used this philosophy in determining what happens next :
(1) The race will next be run on Sunday 4th July 2021. It is not clear whether races will be possible later this year (hopefully they will) but it does not seem right to give an Autumn date, we may not be able to meet and add to the ever increasing list of races for that period. If you have entered the race and do not contact us before 30th June 2020 your entry will be transferred to July 2021.
(2) We are proud of the support from the business and volunteer communities, which allows us to put on a city centre race at a reasonable price, yet donate significant sums to charity every year. This year the charity community is especially badly hit and we will not be in a position to donate the proceeds to it. Sue Ryder would have been one of the major beneficiaries in 2020. The hospice does a fantastic job in Leckhampton, in the Gloucestershire community and further afield. The costs of keeping the service going are eye watering. On this basis, we are offering a second option of withdrawal from the race with a £10 refund and the balance going to Sue Ryder (you can donate the whole amount if you wish ! ). If you would like to do again please could you let us know by 30th June 2020.
(3) The third option is a refund of all of the entry fee. If you would like a full refund please let us know by 30th June 2020.
(4) Gloucester Quays Rotary which alongside Davies and Partners Solicitors is the main organiser of the event is looking at putting on a virtual Gloucester 10k. We will provide more information about this in due course. We can be contacted via RunGloucester@daviesandpartners.com
In the meantime thank you for your support, keep running and stay safe. We hope to see you all back for next year's race.
- Date: Sunday, 5th July 2020 at 8.45am (CANCELLED)
- Venue: Gloucester Park, Gloucester
- Distance: 10km
- Surface: Road, footpath and towpath
- Route: 1 lap partially retraced
- Setting: City centre taking in tourist attractions and also canal towpath
- Profile: Predominantly flat
- Wheelchair accessible: Unfortunately the organisers are disappointed to confirm that the course is not accessible for Wheelchair users
- Water stations: Yes, at 3K and 7K
- Distance markers: Every 1K
- Traffic free: Yes
- Awards: Medal, winners’ prizes, goody bag
- Changing: No
- Toilets: Yes
- Bag storage: Yes, supervised
- Parking: Several nearby public car parks - Gloucester City Council website for further information.
- Notes: The aim of the route is to showcase Gloucester so it passes the Cathedral, through the Docks and Gloucester Quays and there is a run along the canal towpath. Given the intention of taking in the sites it does twist in the odd place, but is still a fast course. The event is very much a community event re-established by Davies and Partners Solicitors following the decision of commercial organisers not to continue with it. Any surplus will be given to Gloucester charities.
- Online entry: Yes
- Postal entry: No, online only
- On-the-day entry: No
- Minimum age: 15
- Entry cost: £18.20 affiliated, £20.20 unaffiliated
- Refunds: No refunds can be provided by the organisers for non participation
- Contact: Tewkesbury Running Club
- Address: c/o Davies and Partners, Rowan House, Barnett Way, Barnwood, Gloucester, GL4 3RT
- Email: email@example.com
This event is protected with Event Protect
Event Protect is the industry standard in event cancellation for Primary Ticket Agents, Secondary Ticket Agents, Events, Travel Package Providers, Venues and Sports Teams. Seeing the Event Protect trademark logo means that if the event is cancelled / postponed / abandoned or curtailed due to circumstances outside of our control, Event Protect will provide ticket holders with a quick refund directly to their chosen bank account, no matter the financial state of the Event Organiser or Ticket Agent. This includes booking fees and any extras if booked as part of an event package. To find out more information about Event Protect, please visit our website
To sign-up for this event, the Service Fee is 4% (min 50p) for each sign-up
Dates and Status
Total Places: 950
Places Available: ??List