Junior Membership until 31st March 19
Gala Harriers Athletic Club
valid until 31st March 2019
Thank you for joining Gala Harriers Junior membership. Juniors will register on arrival and pay a £2 track fee. For more information on training times please visit the Gala Harriers website www.galaharriers.co.uk
Gala Harriers Athletic club is affiliated to Scottish Athletics and will:
- Encourage and support all our member’s in achieving their full potential within the sport of athletics.
- Provide Coaching and training facilities in a safe and secure environment.
- Provide competitive opportunities for all members, on both an individual and team basis at local and national levels.
- Regularly communicate to all members their progress plus current and future club activities.
Club Members Will:
- Arrive at training promptly, suitably prepared for physical activity.
- Be courteous to their coaches and communicate any problems they may have prior to training starting.
- Carry out to the best of their abilities all instructions and activities that the Coach(es) want in a respectful and timely manner.
- Be courteous and respectful to their club-mates.
- At all time when representing the club at competitions be courteous and respectful to all officials, helpers and fellow athletes.
- Encourage and support their club mates in their training and competitions.
- Parents/Guardians of Junior Members are requested to:
- Support the Club and the athletes in meeting the above objectives.
- Support and encourage the athlete in achieving their potential.
- Promote the sport of athletics in a positive manner.
Gala Harriers use a yellow/red card warning system to manage any discipline issues as follows:
YELLOW CARD - following minor breach of conduct e.g. not following instructions, distracting the group
RED CARD - persistent disruptive behaviour or one more significant incident e.g. swearing, pushing
If there is any further incidents following the above warnings parent/carer will be informed and asked to ATTEND ALL SESSIONS with their child and support a positive change in behaviour.
Our Welfare Officer is Jan Brown .She is at the track most Thursdays and can be contacted by email: email@example.com
In addition to passing data to scottishathletics (see separate covering letter) the use of data is likely to include the following activities and more:
Training and competition entry
- Share data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions;
- Share data with club team managers to enter events;
- Share data with facility providers to manage access to the track or check delivery standards;
- Share data with leagues, associations (and schools’ associations) and other competition providers for entry in events.
Funding and reporting purposes
- Anonymised data shared with a funding partner as condition of grant funding e.g. Local Authority;
- Anonymised data analysed to monitor club trends.
Membership and club management
- Processing of membership forms and payments;
- Share data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitations to social events;
- Publishing of race and competition results;
- Website management.
Marketing and communications (where separate consent is provided)
- Sending information about promotions and offers from sponsors;
- Sending club newsletters;
- Sending information about selling club kit, merchandise or fundraising.
A great club needs great people. We are looking for parent helpers on Thursday track nights through the spring/summer athletics programme. At times last year we had in excess of 120 young Harrier's at the track. The coaches need assistance with organising the groups, marshalling activities and assisting with ensuring high standards of behaviour are the norm.
We are also looking for additional coaches to assist with senior training.
If interested please let us know and come and have a chat.
Gala Harriers Club Together Officer