Following the huge success of Pitreavie AAC's Forth Road Bridge 10K on Sunday 20th August, we now have two more aims:
- Reduce waste by reusing the leftover medals (the medals are far too cool to be stuck away in a cupboard!)
- Support two local charities whose aims are to support and promote disability sport in the local area (Disability Sport Fife and Forth Valley Disability Sport)
What is a Virtual 10K?
A virtual 10K is a 10K event which you complete in your own time and for this run, we'd like you to incorporate the Forth Road Bridge into your route (or if you live a bit further afield, any bridge in your run!).
This would be a great event to walk/jog/run with others; maybe as a social or handicap run with your club or just a social outing with friends. If 10K in one go is a challenge, why not break it down into smaller chunks and do it over the timeframe? This might be a great option for any wheelchair users taking part.
Once entered, your medal will be posted out and you are in charge of following the 'race rules'
In order to be eligible for your medal the following rules apply:
- The event must be completed between Friday 1st September and Tuesday 31st October
- You can use any route, however it must cross the Forth Road Bridge (or another bridge) at least once
- You can run longer than 10K, just clip a 10K part of the route to get your 10K time
- Once you've completed your challenge open your envelope with your medal, pop it on and boast about it on social media!
- Complete the online form to submit your "result"
On 1st November the "results" from all the runners will be published and we will randomly select a winner who will win a prize.
|29 Oct 2023 23:59
To sign-up for this event, the Service Fee is 4% (min 50p) for each sign-up
Dates and Status
Total Places: 152
Places Available: ??List