Mull Half Marathon & 10k
06 Aug 17
Mull Half Marathon, 10k and Junior Road Races
Sunday 6th August 2017
Half Marathon and 10k
The Mull Half Marathon and 10k is a friendly event for all levels and abilities. Half Marathon starts at Cragnure and the 10k starts at Fishnish Road end and finish at the Salen Hotel, Isle of Mull. Registration for both is at Craignure, by the ferry terminal.
Under UKA rules, road runners must be 15 or over on the day of the race to run 10K, and 17 or over on the day of the race to run a Half Marathon.
Junior Road Races
There's also a 2K race for under 12 year olds and a 5K for 12-16 year olds. These both start and finish at the Salen Hotel, Isle of Mull.
The deadline for entries is 23.59 on Friday 4th August 2017. There will be NO registration on the day of the event for any adult race.
In order to provide goodie bags for the children's races, we would prefer online entries for the Junior Races.
Adult: £20 Scottish Athletics Members
£22 Non members
Entry fee includes: Medals and T-shirts for all finishers. Goodie bags for all Junior races. Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in all races, plus spot prizes. Local prizes. Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in Half Marathon. Local producer baskets for winners. Half Marathon course prize of £250 to beat the course record of 1:09:01.
Start & Registration for Half Marathon and 10k Races on Sunday 7th August 2016:
- Ferry leaves Oban at 10.05am. Foot passengers need to be on at least 10 mins before departure. You do not need to book a ticket in advance. www.calmac.co.uk
- On arrival at Craignure you will be directed to the changing/registration point at Craignure Hall from the ferry - it is a 5 minute walk.
- If you are staying on the island the night before, we have put on a courtesy bus from Salen to Craignure, so you can leave your car in Salen (preferably NOT in the Salen Hotel Car Park, as this is where the event finishes). You will be directed to suitable parking spaces. West Coast Motors bus leaves from outside the Salen Hotel at 10.45am.
- At the registration at Craignure Hall, you will find your running number on the board inside the hall – please go to the correct table to collect your chipped running number..
- Remember to get your T-shirt before the race! Extra t shirts can be purchased for £8 each.
- Ladies changing is on the stage behind the curtains; Mens changing is in the first meeting room in the corridor past the indoor toilets. Please follow the signs.
- You can leave your kit bag on one of the buses as directed, which will go to the finish of the race in Salen.
- All Half Marathon entrants will walk to the start of the race at 12.00 midday at the Isle of Mull Hotel, as directed at briefing.
- All 10k entrants and spectators will take the buses as directed at briefing.
- Please attend the briefing at 11.45am.
- West Coast Motors courtesy buses will leave Salen after prize giving to be in time for 5.10pm ferry sailing from Craignure to Oban.
- There are water and 1st Aid stops every 3 miles along the route (4 for half marathon and 2 for 10k), and at the finish. There will also be cups of dioralyte, available at the 2nd, 3rd and 4th water stops.
- FINISH: The finishing line is at the Salen Hotel Car Park in Salen.
- Luggage will be in the West Coast Motors Coach beyond the finish line.
- There will be 1 male and 1 female green tent for you to change in at the side of the hotel.
- Please note: there are NO shower facilities in the Salen Hotel for your use or ANY rooms or toilets upstairs as in previous years. We would ask that you do respect this.
- Registration for the Junior races will start at 1pm at Salen Hotel car park. Race starts at 2pm.
- Salen Hotel has great food and refreshments available all day: bar open: hot soup: teas, coffees: Salen Hotel burgers: paninis: toasties: delicious tobermory smoked salmon wraps.
- Prize Giving will be at about 3pm, once all the results have been gathered.
- Race results and photos will be published on www.mullrunners.com by the next day after the race.
We look forward to seeing you all on Sunday 6th August.
Half Marathon Committee
Jackie: 01688 302075/07882 519230 or Babs: 01680 300 501/07917 073419
|Mull Half Marathon||06/08/2017||??/175||Closed||04/08/2017|
|Mull 5k (12-16 year olds)||06/08/2017||??/50||Closed||04/08/2017|
|Mull 2k (11 and under)||06/08/2017||??/50||Closed||04/08/2017|
*Discounted for members of any of SA EA WA
*Discounted for members of any of SA EA WA
To sign-up for this event on EntryCentral, the Service Fee is 5% (min 60p) for each sign-up