Triathlon Leader Award
06 Mar 2024 - 13 Mar 2024
Triathlon Leader Award
6 & 13 March 2024
Important: Subsidy Application
Please ensure that you complete the Education Subsidy Application Form below BEFORE you sign up for the course (deadline is 1 month prior to your course start date). This is to ensure that you pay the correct amount for your course if eligible for the Education Subsidy.
Read more about the Education Subsidy process here.
The course follows a blended learning approach with 4 self-led online learning modules to be completed prior to attending 2 x 2-hour tutor-led online workshops. There will be homework tasks to accompany the workshops.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the role and remit of a Triathlon Leader in your club.
- Be able to plan a safe and effective guided *swim, bike and/or run.
- Be able to lead a safe and effective guided swim, bike and/or run.
- Understand the importance of feedback – specifically how to reflect and review on a guided swim, bike and/or run.
*Please note that a Leader can only lead in open water in a managed venue - i.e., a venue with lifesaving staff and appropriate water quality testing in place.
Pre-requisites and Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum age: 14 years at course start date. Participants aged 18 and under are required to have a parent/guardian complete a parental consent form as part of their application.
- Be confident and competent in at least one of the three disciplines (swim, bike or run).
- Have a valid British Triathlon Home Nations membership (excludes Supporter package)
Self-Led Online Learning Modules
These modules can be accessed on British Triathlon’s Learning Hub and should be completed prior to attending the tutor-led online workshops.
1. Introduction to the Triathlon Leader Award
2. The Triathlon Leader Award
4. Leading Safely
Tutor-Led Online Workshops
These will take place across two evenings and will use the following format:
|Online Workshop 1
|Wednesday 6 March 2024
The role of a Triathlon Leader
How to plan safe and effective activity
|Online Workshop 2
|Wednesday 13 March 2024
How to lead safe and effective activity
How to review and reflect on activity
Please note – on completion of the Triathlon Leader Award you will be required to deliver within your qualification remit:
- Leaders aged 14-17 can assist another Leader (who is aged 18 +) in the delivery of a led activity.
- Leaders aged 18 years and over can guide led activity independently.
- Leaders aged 18 years and over must have a valid Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport certificate if they intend to deliver led activity to those aged 18 and under (see below for more information).
Leaders aged 18 years and over must undergo mandatory safeguarding training; Child Wellbeing & Protection in Sport (CWPS) if they intend to lead activity with those under the age of 18. This training must be completed prior to the completion of the Triathlon Leader Award. Without this training, you will not be sanctioned or insured to lead, and your certificate will not be released on the Learning Hub. Triathlon Scotland provide this training free of charge. You will receive a code to claim your free place on one of Triathlon Scotland's CWPS courses in your Triathlon Leader Award pre-course email. For further details on why we are doing this see here.
What happens next?
All pre-course information will be communicated via email two weeks prior to the date of the first tutor-led workshop.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions in relation to the content for this award.
|28 Feb 2024 23:59
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
A British Triathlon Race Pass is required for participants who are not a British Triathlon Home Nation member. For this event, Race Pass costs are £2.00 for participants aged 24 and under, and £8.00 otherwise.
Dates and Status
Start: 06/03/2024 19:00:00
End: 13/03/2024 21:00:00
Total Places: 14
Places Available: ??