Triathlon Scotland - Child Wellbeing & Protection OFFICER Training
08 Apr 2024
Child Wellbeing & Protection Officer Training - Online Workshop
Monday 8 April 2024 1800-2100
The workshop is suitable for individuals responsible for leading their club or organisation in the wellbeing and protection of children and young people. Learners will have the opportunity to develop advanced knowledge and skills in child wellbeing and protection and in managing concerns in their club or organisation.
- Learners must have completed both modules of the Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport Workshop (CWPS).
- 18 years old and over.
A three-hour face to face or virtual classroom workshop by an approved tutor. By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify a framework for good safeguarding governance in a sports club/organisation.
- Identify the different safeguarding roles and responsibilities in a sports club/organisation.
- Confidently assess the suitability of adults to work with children and young people.
- Respond effectively and with confidence to wellbeing and protection concerns that may arise in or out of the sporting environment.
- Recognise ways in which club culture influences the wellbeing and protection of children and young people and identify methods for effecting culture change in this important area.
Virtual Classroom Session: Monday 8 April 2024
Course Details: Once you have signed up you will receive an email no earlier than 14 days prior to the session. This will contain all the information you will need.
What is a virtual classroom?
A virtual classroom is an online learning environment, which is interactive, and you can access it from the comfort of your own home. You can see and talk live to the course tutors, other participants, ask questions and view slides/video content. The course will be delivered in the virtual classroom in an interactive style; similar in feel to attending a face-to-face workshop. The tutors will lead you through the learning outcomes, providing information, facilitating discussions for the whole group, and managing small breakout groups.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions in relation to the sessions.
|25 Mar 2024 23:59
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
A British Triathlon Race Pass is required for participants who are not a British Triathlon Home Nation member. For this event, Race Pass costs are £2.00 for participants aged 24 and under, and £8.00 otherwise.
Dates and Status
18:00:00 - 21:00:00
Total Places: 20
Places Available: ??List