The Speyside Triathlon 2024
08 Jun 2024
Welcome to The Speyside Triathlon, delivered by Fitnessat58°!
Based in the stunning Cairngorms National Park in the secluded village of Kincraig, this is a friendly and welcoming event for people just starting out in the sport or for experienced triathletes chasing a more personal event, giving you a chance to push yourself whilst experiencing some of the best views the Cairngorms has to offer.
The distances are as follows:
1. 500M Swim.
2. 18KM Cycle. 70% gravel/forest tracks and 30% road.
3. 10KM Run. 90% gravel/forest tracks and 10% road.
What is required?
- Wetsuit (optional but recommended). Our partners Tiso have an excellent open water swimming range, check it out in store or online!
- Mountain Bike/Helmet. Gravel bikes are also acceptable.
- Bike Repair Kit (optional). *Please note we cannot accomodate bike repairs along the course.
- Running Trainers.
- Warm/Dry kit for after the race.
- Personal snacks/gels/water bottles.
The start and finish are at Loch Insh Outdoor Centre, with registration taking place in the Ptarmigan Dome.
Car parking will be available at the Loch Insh Outdoor Centre.
- Individual Entry-£69.99.
- Team Entry-£25 per discipline (£75 total).
- Entry to The Speyside Triathlon.
- Warm up with Fitnessat58° instructor Sam Cairns.
- Chip timing and results sent out on the day.
- A well deserved medal at the finish.
- Photos to keep free of charge.
- Water stops along the course.
- Prizes for the top three females and top three males.
- An exclusive Speyside Triathlon discount at Loch Insh Watersports Centre AND Tiso outdoor shop located in Aviemore.
The Triathlon can be completed by anyone from newcomers to experienced racers although a reasonable level of fitness is required, it is a great challenge in a great location. Please do not underestimate this challenge, you are more than capable and must believe in yourself but the correct preparation is required.
Get your friends, family and work mates involved and complete the Speyside Triathlon together!
The start time for the event will be 12pm on Saturday 8th June 2024.
Warm up and brief will begin at 11.45am on the beach.
Registration will be open from 10am and will take place at Loch Insh, giving you plenty of time to set up your transition zone.
Please also note refunds are not available IN ANY CASE.
Please invite your friends and share!
See you soon everyone! If you have any questions simply message us through Facebook @fitnessat58degrees or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I undersigned declare that I am medically fit to compete and do so at my own risk. I hereby absolve the organisers from any claim for injury or illness incurred during or as a result of the event or for any loss or damage to property. I understand that the organisers reserve the right to refuse entry and that entry fees are non refundable. I agree that my picture may be included in any photographs, which may be published from the race. I confirm that the information I have provided on this form is accurate.