Cupar 5 mile Road Race
18 Mar 2023
Fife Athletic Club
Cupar 5 mile Road Race
Under SAL/UKA Rules
18th March 2023
Start Time: 2.00 pm
Age Restriction: Runners must be 15 or older on the day
The Cupar 5 is an out-and-back road race run on a quiet country road, with the opportunity for fast times. There will be a Police Scotland Temporary Traffic Restriction Order (TTRO) in place that should ensure a traffic free environment. The Cupar 5 has a SAL/UKA course certificate ensuring that the distance is accurately measured.
Registration will take place at the YMCA, Marathon House, 93 Bonnygate, Cupar, opening at 12.30. Allow sufficient time to reach the race start on St. Mary's Road, which is approximately half a mile from the YMCA. Please note that there are no showering facilities at the hall. Athletes should come ready to run to prevent changing in the hall.
In order to speed up the entry of runners' details into the results computer, and therefore help with producing timely results, runners must enter online in advance. .
In accordance with the policy of SAL athletes may enter as male, female or non–binary. Please note that this year there are no prizes in the non–binary category.
The entry fee for the Cupar 5 is £12 with a discount of £2 for members of Scottish Athletics. The Entry Central administration fee is paid by Fife AC.
We will make our best effort to have teas after the race in the YMCA and then a Prize giving. If this is not practical or safe there will be no prize giving ceremony and athletes are expected to disperse as soon as possible. Once results have been compiled and verified, prizes will be transferred electronically or posted to prize winners.
There will be prizes for the 1st 3 Men and Women and the 1st athlete in the Men and Women U20, Senior, O40, O50, O60 and O70 categories. All finishers are eligible in the overall category and their own age group. However only 1 prize per finisher will be awarded with the overall category taking precedence.
Entry Transfer Policy:
All entries are non-refundable. However, we are pleased to offer a free transfer service as long as there is no evidence of selling the entry on at an increased fee. With permission of the Entry Organiser (see below) an entry can be transfered but the entrant must handle any reimbursement of funds directly. The Entry Organiser will swap the entry details.
Please note terms and conditions of entry:
- To enter the race, a runner must be:
- Eligible to compete under SAL rules and willing to abide by those rules.
- Aged 15 years or over on the day of the race.
- Physically fit to run 5 miles.
- Entries for runners under the age of 18 must be made by a parent or legal guardian.
- All runners participate entirely at their own risk. The race organisers (Fife AC) and their associates shall not be liable for any accident, injury, loss or damage arising as a consequence of any runner’s participation in the race.
- Submitting an entry to the race authorises Fife AC to use for promotional purposes pictures of the runner taking part in the Cupar 5 race or prize-giving.
- Entries are not normally transferable.
- Entries may not normally be deferred to a subsequent year.
- No refunds will be made except in the event of the organisers deciding to cancel the race.
|16 Mar 2023 23:59||£10.00||£12.00|
*Discounted for members of any of SA EA WA
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
14:00:00 - 15:00:00
Total Places: 310
Places Available: ??List