The Bob Stark Memorial Trail Race, Falkland, Fife
12 Dec 2021
Start Time: 10.30 am
Age Restrictions: All athletes must be aged 17 and over on the day of the race.
This is a charity event with all proceeds in aid of Prostate Scotland. Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men in Scotland - with one in ten being at risk. The race is being held in memory of local Falkland runner and member of Fife Athletic Club, Bob Stark, who succumbed to this disease in 2015. The Stark family are being supported by the Falkland Estate, the National Trust for Scotland, Fife Athletic Club and Kirkcaldy Wizards, in their fundraising efforts to which grateful thanks are given.
The course is an undulating route of just under 7 miles, through the scenic Falkland Estate with an iconic finish in the grounds of Falkland Palace.
Registration will commence at 9.15 am in the Falkland Community Hall in which there are toilet facilities available. The start is within the Falkland Estate up from the Stables and is approximately 15 minutes on foot from registration.
At the behest of the Falkland Estate, there should be no parking on West Port. There is a large car park adjacent to the hall and, if street parking is required, please ensure this is done with due consideration being given to the local inhabitants.
On-course First Aid is being provided by Allan Harley and his team from Wayymark Training. Should you find yourself in difficulty during the race, please contact the nearest marshal or first aider.
To maximise the funding for the charity (which has had a challenging two years) it is not intended to award prizes or medals. We would ask for your indulgence and support for this decision.
Facemasks must be worn within the hall.
There will be no post-race refreshments.
The organisers ask that the athletes arrive ready to run and disperse as quickly as possible from the finish area after they have completed their race.
Please do not attend if you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19.
Please note terms and conditions of entry:
- To enter the race, a runner must be:
- Eligible to compete under SAL rules and willing to abide by those rules.
- Physically fit to run 7 miles.
- Entries for runners under the age of 18 must be made by a parent or legal guardian.
- All runners participate entirely at their own risk. The race organisers (Fife AC) and their associates shall not be liable for any accident, injury, loss or damage arising as a consequence of any runner’s participation in the race.
- Entries are not transferable.
- Entries may not be deferred to a subsequent year.
- No refunds will be made except in the event of the organisers deciding to cancel the race.
- We will require all competitors to accept and comply with any COVID-19 restrictions in force on the date of the race.
|10 Dec 2021||£8.00||£10.00|
*Discounted for members of Scottish Athletics
To sign-up for this event, the Service Fee is 4% (min 50p) for each sign-up
Dates and Status
Total Places: 200
Places Available: ??List