East End Road Runners Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park 5km ELVIS #3
21 Jun 17
A 2-lap, chip timed, 5km road race starting at the Olympic rings and passing many of the iconic venues in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
This race is the third leg of the 2017 East London V Interclub Series (ELVIS), see: http://www.elvisraces.club/.
The race is open to ELVIS affiliated clubs and the general public. The race will have a very friendly atmosphere and all participants and their friends and families are invited to attend a mid-summer party at Tina We Salute You – a local bar/cafe situated very close to the start/finish point. It was a great success last year and we hope to see even more people turn out to celebrate the longest day of the year this time around.
Entries in advance please. No entries on the day. No exchanges on the day.
Race numbers will be issued on the day – from 6.30pm to 7.20pm.
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES: 12:00 on 19/06/2017
- Race Date: 21st June 2017
- Race Time: starts 7.30pm (registration and number collection between 6.30pm to 7.20pm)
- Location: Grassy area outside the Velopark, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Abercrombie Rd, London, E20 3AB
- Licence: The race is licensed by UKA with a certificate of course accuracy
- Timing: Chip timed
- Course: It is a fast 2-lap course on paved paths of the north area of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Water: Will be distributed at the finish line
- Baggage: No staffed left luggage facilities - there will be some lockers available in the changing rooms at the Velopark and bags can be left near the registration area at the owners’ own risk
- Toilets and changing facilities: Male and female changing facilities are located at the Velopark (hired by EERR for the purpose of this race)
- Car Parking: There are no free parking spaces in the area. There are some paid parking spaces available in surrounding streets and at Stratford International Station (£6 for up to 24 hours)
- Public Transport: Participants are strongly encouraged to arrive by public transport. Stratford International, Stratford and Leyton stations are all within a 15 minute walk of the start. Busses 97, 308, 388 and W15 all stop within 10 minutes’ walk of the start.
- Prizes: Winners' prizes for 1st 3 men; 1st 3 women; 1st vet men 40, 50, 60; 1st vet women 35, 45, 55; one prize per person;
Total Places: 436
Places Available: ??
|19 Jun 2017||£8.00||£10.00|
*Discounted for members of any of EA WA SA
For each sign-up with a card payment, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge