City of Lancaster Triathlon
City of Lancaster Triathlon (COLT) was formed in late 2008 and we have been in operation for 13 very successful seasons from 2009 - 2021. We aim to support triathlon at all levels in the district and to encourage more people into this amazing and challenging sport. From the complete novice to the experienced athlete we want to help you achieve your goals. In other words, come and have a go, no matter what your level of fitness or aspirations. We are a friendly, welcoming bunch!
Some of the benefits you can expect if you join COLT when we are not governed by COVID-19 restrictions are:
- The opportunity to train and socialise with fellow triathletes from around the region.
- Club bike rides catering for all levels on Sunday mornings throughout the year.
- Loan of one of the three club bikes for an agreed period.
- Club social run group on Saturday mornings and Tuesday evenings.
- Club coached swim sessions every Monday morning and Wednesday evening at Lancaster University Sports Centre.
- Open water swim sessions at Capernwray Dive Centre from May to September.
Please note that due to government Covid restrictions all club training sessions are strictly members only. No guests allowed. This is due to our club policy on test and trace requirements.
Membership fee is £15.00 up to 31 December 2022.
Currently COLT does not have a Junior Section and membership is open to 18 year olds and upwards. You may join on the date of your 18th birthday.
To offset our triathlon activities COLT are planting trees. If everyone in the club donated £1 per event entered we think we would more than offset the carbon dioxide emitted by travelling to and from avents.
To donate to the COLT tree planting project, follow the link below: