Scottish National Sprint Triathlon Championships - Monikie Park
08 Jul 18
Welcome to the Scottish National Sprint Triathlon Championships at Monikie Park brought to you by Triathlon Scotland & Monifieth Triathlon Club (M3)
This is a fantastic sprint Triathlon for all those who wish to experience an open water swim in the beautiful setting of Monikie Country Park and cycle on the local roads within Angus with a flat run around the ponds. The event is open to athletes of all abilities.
The swim is in the smaller of the two lakes, North Lake over a 750 metre course, swimming an anticlockwise circuit. The swim will be a mass beach start (However this may be in 2-3 waves dependant on competitor numbers). The entry point is different to the exit. On exiting you are within 80 meters of transition.
Wetsuits are compulsory.
Exiting the transition area, you will be guided onto the cycle route out of the south gate. Exit the south gate of Monikie Park, turn left on B961 to Crombie Crossroads, turn left on B9128 to junction B978, turn left. Continue south to junction at Luckyslap, turn left. Head into Monikie Village to the bridge, turn right (this is a quiet junction), continue to B961 turn left and enter south gate of Monikie Park to finish the cycle.
Exit transition for the run anti clock wise around the both lakes for the first lap and then South lake only on the second lap finishing on the second lap in front of the rangers building.
- Distances: 750 metre Open Water Swim, 21 km cycle, 5 Km run
- There is a limit of 300 Participants for the race and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis
- Closing date: 1st July 2018 (18:00 hrs)
- Entry fee: Home Nations Member £40.00. Non Members £46.00
- HOME NATIONS MEMBERSHIP CARDS WILL BE INSPECTED AT REGISTRATION
- THE SPRINT TRIATHLON WILL BE UNDER THE RACE RULES OF TRIATHLON SCOTLAND
- Timings: Registration will open from 08:30 and close at 10:00
- 07:30 Registration/Transition Opens
- 09:00 Registration/Transition Closes
- 09:30 Race Brief
- 09:45 Move to the swim start
- 09:50 Swim Brief
- 09:55 Swim warm up
- 10:00 Swim start, wave 1 followed by further waves at intervals depending on number of competitors
- Car parking is available within the Grounds of Monikie Park - This year a charge of £2.70 will apply per vehicle which is payable on the day to Angus Alive, the providers of the race venue. We recommend car sharing where possible. We will also be securing offsite parking to reduce the loading on the park, this will be communicated leading up to the event - Parking on the road outside the park (Panmure Road), is strictly not permitted as this poses a risk to competitors during the event
- Professional 3rd party Medical Cover & First Aid provided and aligned with Triathlon Scotland Championship Event requirements
- Refreshments - There is a Café within the Grounds of Monikie Park
- Showers and toilets are within the grounds of Monikie Park
- Results will be available as soon as possible after the event, check the event Facebook page and the event website
- Results: Male Placed 1st to 3rd, Female Placed 1st to 3rd. Age Category Prizes also provided
- Results will be published on Monifieth Triathlon Club website: m3tri.com
- Other information about Monikie Park on Angus Alive facebook page
- This is not a relay event.
Be sure to click on the Facebook logo to keep up with preparations and information, or go to http://www.facebook.com/M3sprint
Total Places: 300
Places Available: ??
|01 Jul 2018||£40.00||£46.00|
*Discounted for members of any of TS TE WT
For each sign-up with a card payment, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge