East End Road Runners Midsummer 5k - ELVIS #2 (East London fiVe Interclub Series)
23 Jun 2021
A 5km race in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park hosted by East End Road Runners - the purplest and cheeriest running club in London!
This race comprises the second leg of the 2021 East London V Interclub Series (ELVIS), see: http://www.elvisraces.club/. However, members of any running club, or no running club are very welcome to join.
Entries in advance please. No entries on the day. No transfers. No refunds.
COVID 19 / SOCIAL DISTANCING: The event will operate with social distancing. There will be a staggered/wave-based start - taking around 6 minutes for first to last runner to cross the start line. Therefore, race positions and prizes will be based on CHIP TIMES and NOT GUN TIMES on this occasion. We politely ask that you do not enter the race if you are unhappy with this arrangement.
Details of exact Covid-19 mitigation measures will be set out in pre-race communications which will be sent to runners 24-hours in advance of the race.
- Race Date: Wednesday 23 June 2021.
- Race Time: Starts 7.30pm.
- Registration and number collection: between 6.30pm and 7.20pm.
- Location: Hopkins Field (near Waterden Road), QEOP, London, E20 3BS (please note this is 400m west of the location used in previous years).
- Licence: The race is licensed by UKA (2021- 41727) with a certificate of course accuracy.
- Timing: Chip-timed.
- Course: It is a fast 2-lap course on paved paths of the north area of the Park.
- Water: For environmental reasons and to stop the spread of Covid-19, water will not routinely be provided. Runners are encouraged to bring their own bottles (clearly labled to avoid confusion).
- Toilets: Portable facilities will be available in the race village in Hopkins Field.
- Baggage: Bags can be left (spaced from one another) near the registration area at owner’s own risk.
- Car Parking: Some paid parking spaces are available in surrounding streets. There are multi-storey carparks at Here East and at Stratford International Station.
- Public Transport: Participants are strongly encouraged to arrive by public transport. Stratford International, Stratford, Hackney Wick and Leyton stations are all within a 20 minute walk of the start. Busses 388, 97, 308, and W15 all stop within 10 minutes’ walk of the start.
- Prizes: There will be 14 prizes based on chip-timed results. 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall male and female; 1st male and female vet in age categories 40, 50, 60 and 70. There will be a maximum of one prize per person.
|19 Jun 2021||£10.00||£12.00|
*Discounted for members of clubs affiliated to any of EA WA SA
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Total Places: 500
Places Available: ??List