Blackpool Pier to Pier Open Water Swim
15 Aug 2020
The Annual Official BLACKPOOL Pier to Pier Swim
Saturday 15th August, 2020
This iconic event is now into the THIRD year thanks to The Team at Get Set 4 Success Ltd and all the Blackpool Pier Swim stakeholders and supporters. As a result of the huge success the last couple of years, it has become an annual event. There is a also a non-wetsuit category.
Swim safely between Blackpool's North and South Pier and have amazing fun. You will also get one of Blackpool's famous tram rides to the start taking in the attractions as you go along the Golden Mile with the famous Blackpool Tower
Further details can be found below:
Please visit us on: https://www.facebook.com/Blackpool.Pier.to.Pier.Swim/
***DUE TO THE CURRENT CHALLENGING CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC WE HAVE NO IDEA YET IF WE WILL BE ALLOWED TO RUN THIS EVENT IN 2020. NEVERTHELESS WE ARE OPTIMISTIC GIVEN IT IS IN AUGUST.
WHILST WE HAD BEEN ALLOWED TO INCREASE THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS WE FEEL IT IS BEST AT THIS TIME, IF ALLOWED TO GO AHEAD, TO RUN THE 2020 SWIM WITH FEWER SWIMMERS.
HOWEVER, SHOULD WE HAVE TO POSTPONE AND IF YOU HAVE ALREADY ENTERED WE WILL GUARANTEE THAT YOUR PLACE BE CARRIED OVER TO 2021*** (30th March 2020)
The iconic BLACKPOOL Pier to Pier Open Water Swim is set in the Lancashire Seaside resort of Blackpool, famous for many attractions.
You will swim between all three piers from North to South Pier and be looked after in the water by the highly experienced Blackpool Beach Patrol. You will take a Tram to North Pier, the start of this swim. As you move along the waters of the Irish Sea, you will be able to sight-'sea' from a distance and pass alongside the Golden Mile and the famous Blackpool Tower. You will finish at the Sandcastle Water Park and even be able to pop along to Blackpool's well-known Pleasure Beach to complete your action packed, fun and enjoyable day.
Location: Sandcastle Water Park, South Beach, Blackpool, Lancs FY4 1BB
Distances and further details:
- Approximately 1.6 miles (Please note that we reserve the right to move the Event to Sunday 16th August should the weather and sea conditions be unfavourable for Saturday)
- Registration - will open approx 7am though exact time tbc at the Sandcastle Water Park though may be subject to change and at the organisers discretion.
- Start Times - The Event will be one wave of swimmers (although we reserve the right to split into two waves and in accordance with safety requirements as per Blackpool Beach Patrol). The start time TBC on Saturday 15th August (the Event Organiser reserves the right to change timings subject to weather conditions)
- Time Limit - will be 1.5 hours after which time any swimmer will be instructed by the Beach Patrol to get out of the water and will be taken to shore
- It is anticipated the Event along will finish approx. 5 hours after registration. Bespoke commemorative souvenirs will be presented to swimmers when they finish their swim, along with t-shirt. These have a very unique image as Get Set 4 Success Ltd have specially commissioned an artist/illustrator to design it.
Online entry opens: Very soon!
Online entry closes: Midnight 5th August, 2020
You must be over 18 years of age on the day of the race to enter the event.
- £53 (plus Entry Central service fee)
- Refund Protection Payment is Optional
Entry fee includes:
- Full water safety cover provided by Blackpool Beach Patrol Service and in liaison with HM Coastguard
- Finisher's Bespoke Plaque
- Blackpool Pier Swim T-Shirt for everyone who finishes (to guarantee your t shirt size entries MUST be have been received at least six weeks before the event.)
- Commemorative swim hat
- Refreshments at the Sandcastle Water Park
***Participants will be entered into a prize draw for an overnight stay which includes Breakfast and Dinner for Two in a luxurious Bespoke Hotel in the UK***
- Swim hats must be worn at all times when in the water (provided on the day)
- Wrist bands must be worn when in the water(provided on the day) NO BAND, NO SWIM
- Wetsuits and non wetsuits
- Safer Swim/Tow floats (preferably orange) mandatory for all participants
Based on average water temperatures for the end of July over the last few years, we expect the water temperature in the Irish Sea to be between 14°C and 16°C for the Blackpool Pier to Pier Open Water Swim Event. The temperature in the sea can vary quite a lot depending on the amount of rainfall and sunshine we have. If you wish to be kept updated on the water temperature in the run up to the event please keep a watch on the website or feel free to drop us an email.
Terms & Conditions
For T&C incuding refund policy related to entry to The Blackpool Pier To Pier Swim please click the following link:
EVENT RULES, CONDITIONS AND FURTHER INFORMATION:
These will be published near the time on the websites so please keep checking either: