Blackpool Pier to Pier Open Water Swim
21 Jul 18
FINALLY, IT'S BACK!
The BLACKPOOL Pier to Pier Swim - Brand new event for 2018!
Saturday 21st July, 2018
After a long wait, this iconic swim has returned thanks to The Team and all the Blackpool Pier swim supporters.
Swim between Blackpool's North and South Pier and have amazing fun. You will also get one of Blackpool's famous tram rides to the start taking in the attractions as you go along the Golden Mile with the famous Blackpool Tower
Further details can be found below:
Please visit us on: https://www.facebook.com/Blackpool.Pier.to.Pier.Swim/
The iconic BLACKPOOL Pier to Pier Open Water Swim is set in the Lancashire Seaside resort of Blackpool, famous for many attractions.
You will swim between all three piers from North to South Pier. As you move along the waters of the Irish Sea, you will be able to sight-'sea' from a distance and pass alongside the Golden Mile and the famous Blackpool Tower. You will finish at the Sandcastle Water Park and even be able to pop along to Blackpool's well-known Pleasure Beach to complete your action packed, fun and enjoyable day.
Location: Sandcastle Water Park, South Beach, Blackpool, Lancs FY4 1BB
Distances and further details:
- Approximately 1.6 miles (Please note that we reserve the right to move the Event to Sunday 22ndJuly should the weather and sea conditions be unfavourable for Saturday)
- Registration - will open approx 730am at the Sandcastle Water Park
- Two Start Times - The Event will be split into two waves of 50 swimmers. The second wave will only begin once ALL swimmers from the first wave have cleared the water. The first group of swimmers will start at 10am on Saturday 21st July. (the Event Organiser reserves the right to change timings subject to weather conditions)
- Time Limit - will be 1.5 hours after which time any swimmer will be instructed by the Beach Patrol to get out of the water and will be taken to shore
- It is anticipated the Event along with presentations will finish around 2.30pm
Online entry opens: NOW!
Online entry closes: Midnight 14th July, 2018
You must be over 18 years of age on the day of the race to enter the event.
- £45 (plus Entry Central booking fee)
- Refund Protection Payment is Optional
Entry fee includes:
- Full water safety cover provided by Blackpool Beach Patrol Service and HM Coastguard
- Finisher's Medal
- Blackpool Pier Swim T-Shirt for everyone who finishes
- Refreshments at the Sandcastle Water Park
- Yellow Swim hats must be worn at all times when in the water (provided on the day)
- Wrist bands must be worn when in the water(provided on the day) NO BAND, NO SWIM
- Wetsuit only event in 2018
- Orange Safer Swim/Tow floats mandatory for all participants
Based on average water temperatures for the end of July over the last few years, we expect the water temperature in the Irish Sea to be between 14°C and 16°C for the Blackpool Pier to Pier Open Water Swim Event. The temperature in the sea can vary quite a lot depending on the amount of rainfall and sunshine we have. If you wish to be kept updated on the water temperature in the run up to the event please keep a watch on the website or feel free to drop us an email.
Terms & Conditions
For T&C incuding refund policy related to entry to The Blackpool Pier To Pier Swim please click the following link:
EVENT RULES, CONDITIONS AND FURTHER INFORMATION:
These will be published near the time on the websites so please keep checking either: