Blackpool Pier to Pier Open Water Swim
27 Jul 2019
The Annual Official BLACKPOOL Pier to Pier Swim
Saturday 27th July, 2019
After a long wait, this iconic swim returned last July 2018 thanks to The Team and all the Blackpool Pier Swim stakeholders and supporters. As a result of the huge success, it has become an annual event. New for 2019 is the non-wetsuit category.
Swim safely between Blackpool's North and South Pier and have amazing fun. You will also get one of Blackpool's famous tram rides to the start taking in the attractions as you go along the Golden Mile with the famous Blackpool Tower
Further details can be found below:
Please visit us on: https://www.facebook.com/Blackpool.Pier.to.Pier.Swim/
The iconic BLACKPOOL Pier to Pier Open Water Swim is set in the Lancashire Seaside resort of Blackpool, famous for many attractions.
You will swim between all three piers from North to South Pier and be looked after in the water by the highly experienced Blackpool Beach Patrol. You will take a Tram to North Pier, the start of this swim. As you move along the waters of the Irish Sea, you will be able to sight-'sea' from a distance and pass alongside the Golden Mile and the famous Blackpool Tower. You will finish at the Sandcastle Water Park and even be able to pop along to Blackpool's well-known Pleasure Beach to complete your action packed, fun and enjoyable day.
Location: Sandcastle Water Park, South Beach, Blackpool, Lancs FY4 1BB
Distances and further details:
- Approximately 1.6 miles (Please note that we reserve the right to move the Event to Sunday 28th July should the weather and sea conditions be unfavourable for Saturday)
- Registration - will open approx 7am though exact time tbc at the Sandcastle Water Park
- Start Times - The Event this year will be one wave of swimmers. The start time TBC on Saturday 27th July. (the Event Organiser reserves the right to change timings subject to weather conditions)
- Time Limit - will be 1.5 hours after which time any swimmer will be instructed by the Beach Patrol to get out of the water and will be taken to shore
- It is anticipated the Event along will finish approx. 5 hours after registration. Bespoke commemorative souvenirs will be presented to swimmers when they finish their swim, along with t-shirt. These will have a very unique image as Get Set 4 Success Ltd have specially commissioned an artist/illustrator to design it.
Online entry opens: NOW!
Online entry closes: Midnight 26th July, 2019
You must be over 18 years of age on the day of the race to enter the event.
- £48 (plus Entry Central service fee)
- Refund Protection Payment is Optional
Entry fee includes:
- Full water safety cover provided by Blackpool Beach Patrol Service and HM Coastguard
- Finisher's Bespoke Plaque
- Blackpool Pier Swim T-Shirt for everyone who finishes
- Commorative swim hat
- Refreshments at the Sandcastle Water Park
***ALL PARTICIPANTS ENTERING WILL BE ENTERED INTO A PRIZE DRAW ON THE DAY AT BRIEFING FOR TWO COMPLIMENTARY HEALTH CLUB PASSES FOR THE BEAUTIFUL FACILITIES AT RIBBY HALL VILLAGE***
- Green Swim hats must be worn at all times when in the water (provided on the day)
- Wrist bands must be worn when in the water(provided on the day) NO BAND, NO SWIM
- NEW category for non wetsuits in 2019
- Orange Safer Swim/Tow floats mandatory for all participants
Based on average water temperatures for the end of July over the last few years, we expect the water temperature in the Irish Sea to be between 14°C and 16°C for the Blackpool Pier to Pier Open Water Swim Event. The temperature in the sea can vary quite a lot depending on the amount of rainfall and sunshine we have. If you wish to be kept updated on the water temperature in the run up to the event please keep a watch on the website or feel free to drop us an email.
Terms & Conditions
For T&C incuding refund policy related to entry to The Blackpool Pier To Pier Swim please click the following link:
EVENT RULES, CONDITIONS AND FURTHER INFORMATION:
These will be published near the time on the websites so please keep checking either: