Ron Hill West Highland Way Training and Inspiration night
10 Jan 17
Ron Hill West Highland Way Training and Inspiration Evening
Tuesday 10th January2017 – 7.00pm-9.00pm(ish)
Tollbooth Arts centre, Jail Wynd, Stirling FK8 1DE
An informal evening of advice and inspiration for anyone or their support crew tackling this iconic epic challenge for the first or tenth time or any similar or shorter ultra challenge like the Highland Fling, Devil o' the Highlands etc
As always , we aim to provide a full 2 hours of information and inspiration to help send you home, with some new ideas to help you prepare better for whatever challenges you have ahead.
Full line up of speakers still being finalsed but so far include
- WEST HIGHLAND WAY QUESTION TIME. Whether you are aiming to Compete or Complete, your chance to ask our panel of totally experienced ultra runners about anything from Training to Trainers; Support crew to Schedules; From Race prep to Race food
- JAMES STEWART Race winner in 2016 at his first attempt in 15.15.49 (all time third fastest) Followed up by a very impressive win ith 160 miles at the Tooting Bec 24 hour race. One of the most improved utra runners in Scotland. James will be well able to offer advice to first timers and "Improvers" on how to approach this or any other ultra.
- IONA MCKAY First time finisher in 2016 in a time of 22.36.411. Iona can relate what it is like to prepare and complete for yout first' "long ultra" race
- Other panelists to be confirmed.
- DR. CHRIS ELLIS and SEAN STONE have been part of the Race medical team for 10 years. They are therefore well placed to advise on what warning signals to look out for when running distances of 50 miles plus
- ADRIAN STOTT 15 time finisher in times ranging fromm Sub 20 hours to plus 30 hours will give a presenttion on how he has tackled training for and running different races including several race anedotes from 25 years involvement with the race as a runner, support crew, and helping out organizing.
- ANDY NORMAN from race sponsors RON HILL will give a short presentation on the latest race merchadise and other useful pieces of apparel.
- Follow the race Facebook and Twitter feeds for updates on speakers
- Directions to the Tollbooth HERE (It's up near the castle)
- Nominal £5.00 fee (plus usual ECentral charge) fee to help cover hall hire
- Simple refreshments available at the Tollbooth centre.