SPAR Tour of Omagh 2019
26 Jul 2019
Omagh Wheelers SPAR Tour Of Omagh
Welcome to the 2019 edition of the Tour of Omagh. Now in its 10th year, the race is still going from strength to strength thanks to the direction of Omagh Wheelers Committee, and to the many volunteers connected to Omagh Wheelers Cycling Club.
ONLINE ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS:
Riders need to be registered individually on EntryCentral, and Team name needs to be clearly outlined to identify team name. A Team manager also needs to be added, along with relevant contact details as they will be asked to prioritise rider applications as required. Entries are welcome from both solo riders and teams, but preference will be given to teams to aid logistics on the event.
Subject to demand, the A4 race will prioritise teams of 4. Additional riders may be accepted if space permits. In the Women's race, we welcome applications from solo and teams, and we also will welcome teams of more than 4 riders as we generally can accommodate riders in the race.
Sign-on is on Friday 26th July from 3:00pm to 4:30pm at Drumragh Sarsfields GAC, 85 Clanabogan road, Omagh. Co. Tyrone. BT78 1SL.
The race will start at 5:30pm SHARP!
- The SPAR Tour of Omagh is promoted by Omagh Wheelers CC under the rules of Cycling Ireland.
- The A4 race is for A4 category riders only (including Junior, Senior, Masters).
- The Womens race is for all categories of Women.
- Due to restrictions to the field size, a selection process will be used to confirm successful entries for the race by the Race Committee. Riders/teams will NOT be selected on a first come basis. Preference will be given to teams of riders as opposed to individual entries. Clubs may submit 4-person teams. ‘B’ teams will only be considered if numbers allow. Teams of less than 4 riders will be considered. A team manager must be nominated for each entry, who in turn will be used to confirm team applications.
- Composite teams will be accepted with prior agreement with the Race Organiser.
- Refunds will NOT be provided. Team entries will not be transferrable after Thursday 18th July 2019.
- Incomplete entries may not considered. Managers will be notified of successful entry to the event.
- Race packs will be issued to team manager’s by email prior to the event.
This special race gives A4 & Women cyclists the opportunity to experience the demands and challenges of a three day event, which provides Real competitive racing, and an excellent enviroment for riders to gain experience and develop. The demands of a three-day event is very differant to a normal one-day race, as not only do the riders have to try and recover before the demands of the next stage, but you also have a mixture of cycling disciplines to contend with such as a King of the Mountains (KOM) competition for the climbers. There is also a competition for the Best Overall Rider and Team which requires every rider to keep riding to the line for those vital seconds. In 2019, we are introducing a new Women's category for the W3 Overall Leader, and we will once again have the Best Young Rider (u23) competition in the A4 race.
A comprehensive race pack, including details of all stages will be available on our website www.tourofomagh.co.uk before the event.
Womens SPAR Tour Of Omagh
The following information applies to the Womens race:
- The Womens race is a seperate race to the A4 race, and will start a given time ahead of the A4 race each road stage.
- Entries are welcome from all categories of women (A1/2/3/4).
- Teams are welcome, but to qualify as a team it must have a minimum of 3 riders.
- Seperate prizes for King of Mountains (KOM) leader, stages, 1st unplaced Master and 1st W3 rider.
- Entries for the Womens race are managed on a 1st come, first served basis.
A4 SPAR Tour Of Omagh
Registration for the 2019 SPAR Tour of Omagh will open on 14th June, and close on 12th July. Successful applications will be confirmed by Monday 15th July.
Given the significant demand we have for the A4 event, applications will NOT be accepted on a first come basis. Priority will be given to team applications, and teams of 4 riders per team. Riders must provide details of their team manager who will be used to select riders applicants. Subject to demand, clubs may be permitted to have additonal riders entered, but this will only be possible if space allows.
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Date: 26 Jul 2019
Closing Date: 11 Jul 2019
|Women's SPAR Tour of Omagh 2019||??/90|
|A4 SPAR Tour of Omagh 2019||??/300|