SPAR Tour of Omagh 2017
28 Jul 17
Omagh Wheelers SPAR Tour Of Omagh
Welcome to the 2017 edition of the Tour of Omagh. Now in its 8th year, the race is going from strength to strength thanks to the direction of Omagh Wheelers Committee, and to the many volunteers connected to Omagh Wheelers Cycling Club.
Sign-on is on Friday 28th July from 3:00pm to 4:30pm at Drumragh Sarsfields GAC, 85 Clanabogan road, Omagh. Co. Tyrone. BT78 1SL.
The race will start at 5:30pm SHARP!
- The SPAR Tour of Omagh is promoted by Omagh Wheelers CC under the rules of Cycling Ireland.
- The A4 race is for A4 category riders only (including Junior, Senior, Masters).
- The Womens race is for all categories of Women.
- Due to restrictions to the field size, a selection process will be used to confirm successful entries for the race by the Race Committee. Riders/teams will NOT be selected on a first come basis. Preference will be given to teams of riders as opposed to individual entries. Clubs may submit 5-person teams. ‘B’ teams will only be considered if numbers allow. Teams of less than 5 riders will be considered. A team manager must be nominated for each entry, who in turn will be used to confirm team applications.
- Composite teams will be accepted with prior agreement with the Race Organiser.
- Refunds will NOT be provided. Team entries will not be transferrable after Tuesday 25th July 2017.
- Incomplete entries may not considered. Managers will be notified of successful entry to the event.
- Race packs will be issued to team manager’s by email prior to the event.
This special race gives A4 & Women cyclists the opportunity to experience the demands and challenges of a three day event, which provides Real competitive racing, and an excellent enviroment for riders to gain experience and develop. The demands of a three-day event is very differant to a normal one-day race, as not only do the riders have to try and recover before the demands of the next stage, but you also have a mixture of cycling disciplines to contend with: a King of the Hills (KOH) competition for the climbers, and a Points competition for the riders with a Cavendish-style kick. There is also a competition for the Best Overall Rider and Team which requires every rider to keep riding to the line for those vital seconds. Once again in 2017 is the Combativity competition which rewards the most aggressive rider.
2010 Gary Geffers (East Tyrone CC)
2011 Glen Warnock (Omagh Wheelers)
2012 Karol Dolan (Omagh Wheelers)
2013 Darnell Moore (Caldwell Cycles Omagh)
2014 Diarmuid Logan (Carn Wheelers )
2015 Steven Watty (North Down CC)
2016 John O'Regan (St Tiernan's CC)
A comprehensive race pack, including details of all stages will be available on our website www.omaghwheelers.co.uk before the event.
Womens SPAR Tour Of Omagh
The following information applies to the Womens race:
- The Womens race is a seperate race to the A4 race, and will start a given time ahead of the A4 race each road stage.
- Entries are welcome from all categories of women (A1/2/3/4).
- Teams are welcome, but to qualify as a team it must have a minimum of 3 riders.
- Seperate prizes for stages, 1st unplaced Master and 1st unplaced Junior.
- Entries for the Womens race are managed on a 1st come, first served basis.
A4 SPAR Tour Of Omagh
Registration for the 2017 SPAR Tour of Omagh will open on 29th June, and close on 4th July. Successful applications will be confirmed on 9th July.
Given the significant demand we have for the A4 event, we are outlining our criteria in advance this year for transparency and to help manage expectations. Applications will NOT be accepted on a first come basis. The following selection criteria will be used in prioritising applications:
1. Home club and Interclub teams.
2. Clubs from Top 10 GC riders in previous year.
3. Teams unsuccessful in application in previous year.
4. Top 5 teams on GC in previous year.
5. Correctly submitted applications including full payment.
6. Clubs who actively promote cycling.
7. Teams will be prioritised over solo entries (solo riders may apply but will be expected to team up with a team who has less than 5 riders).
8. A spread of teams from across the island of Ireland.
We appreciate we will not be able to accommodate all teams and riders, but hopefully this approach provides fairness and a logic to explain decision making. Solo riders will be encouraged to join a team to ride the event.
|Womens SPAR Tour of Omagh 2017||28/07/2017||??/50||Closed||16/07/2017|
|A4 SPAR Tour of Omagh 2017||28/07/2017||??/300||Closed||04/07/2017|