Orkney CC 'The Three Braes'
19 Jun 2021
Orkney CC - The Three Braes - Saturday 19th June, 2021
(sponsored by The Birsay Bay Tearoom & Orklean)
It's back for its fourth year....Orkney CC's hill-challenging, lung-buster of an event. A cumulative time trial up three of Orkney's mightiest peaks - The Lyde, Heddle and Wideford. Come and give it a go....even if its just for the challenge of doing all three or beating a previous personal best. The only way is up!
- IMPORTANT: Entry is restricted to Orkney CC members only (full, junior and ex-pat) via Entry Central
- Entry is £1 per rider.
- The closing date for entries is Thursday 17th of June 2021.
- There will be no entries on the day.
- Final details of the day including any amendments will be announced on the club Facebook page on Friday 18th June.
- This is a small, club confined event. All entry fees will be allocated to putting on this event and making it the best we can. Therefore unfortunately no refunds will be given.
- It's starts in Finstown, meeting at the Firth School
- If driving through then please park-up at the Firth School
This year we will be operating a sign-on sysyten where you will be allocated a number. Sign on opens at 8.30am and closes at 8.45am.
- There are two categories for entry U16 and Adults/16+
- Entry spaces for each category are limited
- The order of the hills is Lyde – Heddle – Wideford. Total length for the route is 32km/20miles. Participants are expected to cycle between the hills.
- Cyclists will leave Finstown for the Lyde at 9.00am.
- You will be timed up each ascent. Your final time will be the cumulative time of all three hills.
- You must cycle up each hill in the order given by the starter. No exceptions.
- There will be a prize giving ceremony on return to Finstown in the Firth Community Gardens at approximately 12.00pm
- Medals will be awarded for Female Senior, Male Senior, Female Vet 40+, Male Vet 40+, Best Junior. Medals will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each category.
- The ‘Chapeau’ trophy will be awarded for the best effort on the day.
Thanks go out as always to our event sponsors. Orklean for the trophies and medals and The Birsay Bay Tearoom for the 'goody' bags.
The SMALL PRINT
- This is a fun event.
- By entering you are agreeing to abide by the event rules.
- If you are under 16 years old on the date of the event, you may only participate if your parent or legal guardian has agreed to these conditions and consents to your participation. You must then be accompanied at the event by a responsible adult over the age of 18.
- You understand and agree that you participate in the event entirely at your own risk, that you must rely on your own ability in dealing with all hazards, and that you must conduct yourself in a manner that is safe for yourself and all others throughout the duration of the event.
- You acknowledge that participation in the event is physically strenuous and demanding. You are aware of the nature of the event and associated medical and physical risks involved. You further certify that you are physically capable of participating in the event and will only participate in the event if you are fit enough to do so.
- If you have any medical condition/s, including allergies, which the club might need to be aware of, you undertake that you have provided details of these at the point of registration.
- You accept full liability and responsibility for any medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participating in the event.
- Whilst Orkney CC will take every care with the staging of the event, you accept that you must make all reasonable precautions for the safeguarding of your person and of your property during your participation in the event. You further acknowledge that personal accident and personal items insurance is your responsibility.
- You accept that it is your responsibility to provide and use a suitable bicycle and helmet.
- You accept that Orkney CC reserves the right to amend the event format or cancel the event due to health and safety reasons, including storm, rain, inclement weather, winds or any other act of god conditions.
Covid-19 Specific Terms and Conditions
By submitting an entry, you hereby declare that:
- You are aware of, and adhere to, the latest Government and Scottish Cycling Guidelines around Covid-19 and take responsibility for your behaviour at the event
- You will take personal responsibility for your hygiene at the event by washing and sanitising your hands regularly and practice good respiratory hygiene
- You will read in advance and listen, on the day of the event, to all communications and instructions provided and adhere to them accordingly.
- You will not attend if you have any Covid-19 Symptoms.
- You will adhere to social distancing requirements at all times
- You will notify Orkney CC if you develop symptoms after the event so other attendees can be informed via the “Test and Protect” protocols
If you have any questions then please feel free to drop Pete Bentley an email at email@example.com
|17 Jun 2021||£1.00|
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Date: 19 Jun 2021
Closing Date: 17 Jun 2021
|Orkney CC 'The Three Braes' Adults/16+||??/50|
|Orkney CC 'The Three Braes' U16||??/30|