The Southside Six
06 Nov 16
The Southside Six is a 26km / 16 mile running race through the Southside of Glasgow taking in Six of the most scenic parks this side of the Clyde!
THE START: The race starts at 11am near the flagpole in Queen's Park.
THE COURSE: The Southside Six begins in Queen’s Park and heads down through Battlefield towards King’s Park. From here it continues on through Linn Park, up to Clarkston Toll, and onwards to Rouken Glen Park. Next stop is Pollok Country Park before Bellahouston, the penultimate park, and finally back to Queen’s Park for the finish line near the flagpole.
- The route is approximately 26km or 16 miles and should take an average runner under 3 hours to complete.
- There are quite a few steep sections (including the infamous Queens Park Steps!) and a couple of long gentle climbs.
- Some of the route is on trails through the parks which can get quite muddy after rain so don't wear your sunday best!
- There will be checkpoints located along the way which you must pass through in order to complete the event.
- There will be water at each checkpoint to keep you hydrated.
THE RACE: is held under UK Athletics Rules and is a scottishathletics Permit Event.
MINIMUM AGE: Due to the distance involved and the UK Athletics Regulations all runners must be 18+ on the day of the race.
PRIZES / AWARDS: There will be a goody bag for each finisher and prizes will be awarded for:
- First three male seniors
- First three female seniors
- First two male veterans
- First two female veterans
- First male super-veteran
- First female super-veteran
FIRST AID / INJURIES: The event is a strenuous one, and the organisers cannot accept responsibility for any accidents or injuries. Please make sure you have the required level of fitness and are able to complete the distance. First-aid kits will be available at each checkpoint and at the finish. Anyone withdrawing during the event should get word to a race official. Please complete the reverse of the race number with the required details.
CAR-PARKING: There may be limited public car parking around Queen's Park so please make use of public transport where possible.
REFRESHMENTS: Drinks and sweets will be available at each checkpoint and there will be complimentary food and drinks for all competitors at the finish.
RESULTS: Competitors' results will be made available online as soon as possible after the event. We use a manual timing system so it sometimes take a little while to process all the results!
EVENT T-SHIRTS: T-Shirts are available (S/M/L/XL) for ordering at the time of entry and must collected on the day of the race. We reserve the right to reallocate uncollected t-shirts.
Total Places: 400
Places Available: ??
|28 Oct 2016||£8.00||£10.00|
*Discounted for members of any of SA EA WA
For each sign-up with a card payment, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge