The Deep Burn Race Series – Race 3.0
19 Jul 17
THE DEEP BURN – RACE SERIES – 3 OF 3
Burn Events brings you a unique race series. You can sign up for just this race or all three. If you complete all three you will achieve Full Burn Status which results in a unique prize and free entry to a future Burn Event of your choosing.
– 7pm start. Wednesday 19th July 2017. We suggest you arrive early to pick up your bib and use the toilets.
– At the 417 Bike Park. If you get lost then follow these directions from Bentham Domes: Come out of Bentham Domes car park and turn right. Head a few hundred yards down the road and down the hill and under the bridge. After the bridge it's the first (slightly hidden) turning on the left (it may look like a driveway). Then follow the road up to the left and into the bike park. Please obey the 5mph speed limit and obey all marshals. A one-way system is in operation.
– Medal, bacon or egg bap and tea/coffee for every finisher.
– There is a shop/cafe on site so bring some pennies.
– Parking is limited so please car share.
– There are toilets
– The race is 5.5k (3.4 miles) very hilly, very uneven surface, natural obstacles. Trail shoes a good idea but not compulsary.
– Spectators very welcome.
– Bone conducting headphones allowed. No other headphones!
– Maximum 110 runners.
– Bag drop available. We take no responsibility for your items.
– Free massage pre and post race provide by Jane Wood Rackham
– Vouchers for 10% off items at Gloucester Sports
Held at the 417 Flyup Mountain Bike Park, this is an off-road, traffic-free course. The route incorporates grassy hills and natural obstacles such as stones, trees and lots of ups and downs. Uniquely you will also face the bike trails with 'table tops', 'berms' and small 'drop offs' etc. To top it all off there are also breathtaking views from the summit. The race is 5.5k (3.4m) but be under no illusions, this is a tough course! If you want an idea of what to expect then check out our Facebook or Twitter page and view the videos and pictures, or look at our website www.burn.events.
The race is signed and marshalled.
All runners keep their race numbers and get a bespoke medal. All runners also get a bacon bap and cup of tea or coffee for free in the onsite cafe. Feel free to have a look at the bike park while you're there too. There is food and drink available to purchase for the entirity of the event. ANYONE WHO COMPLETES ALL THREE RACES GETS A DIFFERENT MEDAL FOR EACH RACE, A SPECIAL GIFT PLUS FREE ENTRY TO A FUTURE BURN EVENT OF YOUR CHOOSING.
Any questions just go to the website and use the 'contact us' section.
Many thanks and we look forward to seeing you there.
The Burn Event Team.
(PLEASE NOTE, WHEN RUNNING ON THE BIKE TRACKS STAY ON THEM AND DO NOT DEVIATE UNLESS THE MARSHALLS, SIGNAGE OR BARRIER TAPE SAYS OHERWISE. THANKS)