Love SwimRun Holy Island
23 Sep 17
Love SwimRun Holy Island 2017
23rd September 2017
Sponsored by Zone3
For full details please go to: www.loveswimrun.co.uk
Love SwimRun Holy Island will take place on the west coast of Holy Island, Anglesey, North Wales. The 18.35km multi transition linear course will involve a total of approximately 2.74km of swimming and 15.61km of running (route may be subject to small changes). The route will take in some of Angleseys’s most stunning scenery on mainly off road terrain, including Southstack Lighthouse and the RSPB reserve, beautiful cliff top runs with views of the mountains of Snowdonia, hidden beaches, rocky swims and a final climb up to the finish line – the toughest part will be passing a tempting pub and not stopping, but you can always head there after claiming your medal!
The swimming sections are all in the sea and conditions may be choppy on the day. Please only enter if you are a confident and experienced open water swimmer.
The course will be marked and the finalised route and map will be published at least one month prior to the event date.
- location: Rhoscolyn, Anglesey, North Wales.
- Total course distance: Approximately 18.35km (2.74km of swimming and 15.61km of running)
- Longest run: Approximately 5.75km
- Longest Swim: Approximately 780m
- Transitions: 5 swims, 6 runs
- Elevation gain: 203m
- Cut off: 2.5 hours to finish run 3 (8.75km runing & 1.5km swimming)
- Aid stations: 2 (you are advised to carry water and at least a gel)
Enter as a team of two or as a solo!
Please note: To enter as a TEAM you will need to go through the application process for yourself and when you get to the 'Shopping Basket' you will need to click on 'Add another' to add full details for your team mate. Please ensure you enter the Team name and name of your second team member in both applications!
You must be over 18 years of age on the day of the race to enter the event. You must have read and understood the race rules available from www.loveswimrun.co.uk before applying to enter this event. The organisers retain the right to make changes to the course and rules before race day.
This is a special small event with only 100 places available.
- Team of 2: £190
- Solo: £95
- Online entry closes: 15th September 2017. (No changes to or transfer of entries will be made after this time)
Entry fee includes:
- Goody Bag
- Event bib
- Event swim hat
- Race timing
- Fuel and hydration during race
- Post-event refreshments
- Race medal
- Free race photos
- Prize for winners in each category – supplied by Zone3
- Lots of spot prizes too!
There will be a mandatory equipment check at registration.
- 1 First aid pressure bandage in waterproof packaging (1 per team).
- 1 wetsuit per participant suitable for water temperature of 12-14 degrees Celsius
- 1 pair goggles per participant
- 1 pair trainers per participant
- 1 whistle per participant
- Hydration system, soft bottle or cup
This event will be plastic cup free in a bid to reduce waste and help care for the environment. Water will of course be available at feed stations but you will need to carry your own bottle or cup. We recommend Salomon Soft Cup or similar which can be easily stashed inside your wetsuit or a soft bottle such as this one.
Additional mandatory equipment for solo competitors
- 1 Tow float (for Solo competitors only)
Mandatory equipment that Love SwimRun will supply
- Race bibs – must be worn at all times during the race and must not be modified
- Timing chip
- Swim caps – must be worn during all the swims
Strongly recommended equipment
- Water / Hydration system
- Energy gels / food
- 1 mobile phone per solo/team in waterproof case
Weather & Water temperature
Going on average water temperatures for September over the last few years, we expect the water temperature in the sea to be around 15°C for our Love SwimRun Holy Island event. We will keep you updated on the water temperature in the run up to the event.
Please note that the weather on the North Wales coast can be very variable. We have our fingers crossed for a perfect, calm and sunny day but in the event of high winds and rough seas in this area we may be required to shorten or even remove some of the swim sections from the course for your safety. This will be entirely dictated by our professional water safely crew.
We are super exited to have Zone3 on board again as our SwimRun event sponsors. They will be suppling the winners of each category with a prize of £50 vouchers to spend at www.racezone3.com, plus there will be a spot prizes given out at random. Zone3 are also offering all Love SwimRun participants a 15% discount their SwimRun specific wetsuit, the Evolution. You will receive a special discount code once you have registered.
A special discount on SeeSwim tow floats is also available!
Rules & Terms and Conditions
Watch our event video here: Official Love SwimRun Llanberis film