Somerset RC Tri
Based in Taunton, the club is run by triathletes for triathletes of all ages and abilities. Our membership year runs from 1 March to end February. Membership costs £25 per annum for seniors, £50 for a family and £15 per annum for juniors (juniors do not pay any extra for monthly training throughout the year). We also have a social membership which costs £11.
Please note that a family membership is designed for parent(s) and their children (up to the age of 18 living at the same address) to register together. The membership form allows for up to five members of the same family to be included. Where a 'child' is between 16 and 18 and wishes to continue to train with the junior section, they can be included within a family membership, however if they wish to train with the senior section they should register as a senior member.
The social membership category is for members who want to remain part of the club but who do not want to participate in any training sessions or compete on behalf of the club.
Please contact us if you have any specific questions about these categories.
The essence of the club is about enjoyment of the sport. A major part of this is the fun and friendly way the club is run. We believe this atmosphere can help you achieve your goals and ambitions in what can be a challenging and sometimes life changing sport. The club members range from those who have just taken up the sport (any age!) to those who have competed to a high level in a variety of different length events. So whatever your ability and experience you will fit in!
The club is well structured (and includes a well established and busy Junior Section), has various BTF qualified coach led training sessions and organises our own very successful races.
We rely on our members to volunteer their time for the club, for example, helping out at races (Taunton Deane Tri, Taunton Deane Aquathlon, Junior Tri events), organise social events, coaching and running training sessions.
The sessions below are available to all members and are totally optional. When you join you will receive more details on these sessions, however please note that our swim sessions are very popular and if you would like to attend you need to contact Lisa Tooze initially on as there is usually a waiting list.
- Swimming – we run sessions at Kings Pool, Taunton on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings. There are also sessions on Sunday evenings and Wednesday mornings at Taunton School. Some members also attend non-club sessions at St James Street, Taunton and Wellington pools. In the summer months we also swim at Lyme Regis, Clevedon Marine Lake and in the Huntspill River.
- Cycling – Saturday morning ride approx. 50 miles from Blackbrook, this is a social ride and we stop for tea and cake half way. In addition we run a teaching cycle ride from Wellsprings.
- We also run spinning classes at Wellsprings Sports Centre on Mondays during the winter.
- Running – On Tuesday evenings we meet at Blackbrook for a running session, we also run on the Quantocks during the winter months when members are keen!
- Other – we are always open to members arranging their own sessions and have recently run sessions at the Newport Velodrome for example which have been very popular.