Penicuik 10k Road Race
11 May 19
The 36th Penicuik 10km Road Race
Organised by Penicuik harriers Running Club
11th May 2019 :: Start Time 11am
Registration is open between 9am and 10.30am for all pre-entered runners to collect their numbers and for those wishing to register to enter on the day.
Declarations, changing facilities and post-race refreshments are located at:
Penicuik High School, Carlops Road, Penicuik EH26 9EP (See a Google Map here)
- Pre-entry fee £9 (affiliated) or £11 (non affiliated)
- Entry on the day £12 or £14
- Prizes to major category winners
- Teams: First 3 seniors to finish per club
- Under UK Athletics Rules
- Scottish Athletics Permit Event
- Course Measurement Certificate
- Medal for all runners
17 or older on 31/08/2018
20 – 39
20 or older on 01/09/2018
40+ on Race Day
- Only bone conducting headphones allowed during race, no other kind - disqualification is a certainty
- Post Race Refreshments, home baking & prize-giving in Penicuik High School (Bring a charity donation)
- No fancy dress or those wishing to shake a charity bucket
- Time limit 1h 30mins
- We are trying to be as Eco-friendly as possible so please 'Bring you own Cup' for tea and coffee
- The charities we are supporting this year are Macmillan Cancer and Penicuik Youth Band
- Please can all runners bring a donation for the local foodbank
Maps of the race route or start?... See our Maps page
How hilly is the route?... See its elevation profile
More questions?... See our Frequently Asked Questions page
If you don't want to enter and pay online via EntryCentral.com you can still download, print and post and entry form from our website.
We are unable to offer refunds.
For further enquiries about the race that can't be answered from the information on our website, please contact the Race Convener, Susie Maxwell, 48 St James's Gardens, Penicuik, EH26 9DU, tel 07879 030 669, or via email at email@example.com.
Thank you all for another great 10k, I've run it about five times over the past ten years and it is always well organised and has really friendly and encouraging marshals, this year was exceptional the support and encouragement was fantastic, I've run at a lot of bigger events where a lot less effort is put in. Thank you all once again.
My 1st Penicuik 10k today 12th May 2018! And what a bloomin' day for it!
A varied course with a good mix of hills & flat. Fantastically organised with super encouraging marshalls, a great to your club! Well done to all who ran it too!
Seriously brilliant, you guys did a top job. The cheeriest marshalls (and plenty of them!) making it easy for us to recycle and asking us to take mugs, charity and food bank collection... and can I take a moment to pay respect to that buffet!? Proper good. Thanks for a fab day out
Exactly what Grace said - that was a text book example of how you run a brilliant race. Marshalling was superb, every aspect of the organisation was slick and the spread at the end to die for. I even got a couple trays of vegan goodies which made me really happy. (Those vegan brownies were the business!)
|11 May 2019||£9.00||£11.00|
*Discounted for members of any of SA EA WA
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Total Places: 300
Places Available: ??List