Penicuik 10k Road Race
09 May 2020
Saturday 9th May 2020 :: Start Time 11am
Registration is open between 9am and 10.30am for all pre-entered runners to collect their numbers and for those wishing to register to enter on the day. It must close at 10.30am because Registration team need to get to their marshal points.
Declarations, changing facilities and post-race refreshments are located at:
Penicuik High School, Carlops Road, Penicuik EH26 9EP (See a Google Map here)
- Pre-entry fee £9 (affiliated) or £11 (non affiliated)
- Entry on the day £12 or £14
- Prizes to major category winners : Local/Junior/Senior/40+/50+/60+
- Teams: First 3 seniors to finish per club
- Under UK Athletics Rules
- Scottish Athletics Permit Event
- Course Measurement Certificate
- Medal for first 300 runners (we have never had more than 260 runners)
17 or older on 31/08/2019
20 – 39
20 or older on 01/09/2019
40+ on Race Day
Main things to know :
- Only bone conducting headphones allowed during race, no other kind - disqualification is a certainty and would be pretty disappointing when we've asked runners not to wear them.
- Registration, Post Race Refreshments & prize-giving in Penicuik High School, Bellman's Road entrance. There are changing facitilites and showers here. Bags can be left in the hall or the changing rooms but not at tables. No valuables should be left - car keys can be looked after in you put them in an envelope with your name on it.
- No fancy dress or those wishing to shake a charity bucket
- There is a clothes line in the big tent in the field - feel free to hang your spare tops on this for when you finish.
- Time limit 1h 30mins - this is due to the Police manning our road crossings
- We are trying to be as Eco-friendly as possible so please 'Bring your own Cup' for tea and coffee
- This year we are supporting mental health charities
- Please can all runners bring a donation for the local foodbank - Penicuik North Kirk
This is the 37th year that Penicuik Harriers have hosted this event and each year lots of runners come from far and wide to enjoy the route and the stunning views. Our race has become known for 3 things :-
1. The Hill - This is Pomathorn hill and is at the 1.5km point in the race. The hill is 1.4km long with an average gradient of 6% here is link to the Strava segment Strava has a segment called 'B7026 climb' which shows the details: Pomathorn
2. The Support - We have no less than 40 of our club members marshalling the route and are all know for being really encouraging and supportive - please listen to their instructions because they are there to keep you safe too.
3. The Post-Race Spread - Gone are the days when we would hand out a Mars Bar and a sandwich :-) Our club members get their aprons on and provide home-baking for you all to enjoy some home-made deliciousness after the race. For this we ask for donations for the mental health charities that we will be supporting.
Maps of the race route or start?... See our Maps page
How hilly is the route?... See its elevation profile
More questions?... See our Frequently Asked Questions page
If you don't want to enter and pay online via EntryCentral.com you can still download, print and post and entry form from our website.
Transfers and refunds are available up until Mon 4th May
For further enquiries about the race that can't be answered from the information on our website, please contact the Race Convener, Susie Maxwell, 48 St James's Gardens, Penicuik, EH26 9DU, tel 07879 030 669, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of the 2019 Feedback
I’m proud of Penicuik. I’m very proud that Penicuik Harriers put on such a special event – you made it so easy for all us amateurs to shine (you even turned the weather on) – if you’ll have me I’ll be back next year – thank you. Justin Scott
Missed running this race last year due to work but enjoyed every second of yet another well organised local race run by friendly local club with awesome marshalls and supporters along the race route.Well done on the weather which was a bonus. Yours in running, Scott
Thank you for a really fabulous event
Tough route but hills are just there ain’t they ?
Marshalling and support from locals was fantastic
Weather was good, buffet was even better and there was a nice wee medal and bit of tablet at the finish line
See you next time ??
|02 Mar 2020||£9.00||£11.00|
*Discounted for members of any of SA EA WA
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Total Places: 300
Places Available: ??List