Triathlon Scotland - West Open Water Coaching Aug 2017
26 Aug 17
Open Water Coaching
The Open Water Coaching workshop is aimed primarily at coaches who currently deliver or would like to deliver coached open water sessions.
Date: Saturday 26/08/2017
Time: 09:00 - 17:00
Venue: Pinkston Watersports, 75 North Canal Bank Street, Glasgow, G4 9XP
Tutor: Alan Cardwell
The one-day workshop has a mix of theory and practical designed to support the development of open water coaching knowledge and ability. There is also an opportunity to gain practical experience through coaching a group of open water swimmers.
- What types of activities can go into an open water session and how to integrate these into a session plan.
- The health and safety of open water coaching and what to look for in a venue when delivering open water sessions.
- Coaching skills for effective open water session delivery.
- How to effectively manage a safety team.
Additionally learners will also have access to an online module on the Learning Hub with further resources.
- A minimum of Level 2 Triathlon Coach.
- Up to date Triathlon Scotland Membership.
What to Bring
Wetsuit, goggles, warm clothes, paper, pen, lunch, snacks and water.
How to get involved?
Click the sign up button at the top of this page.
Once you have signed up you will receive an email from the Coaching Development Manager, Susie Benson, no earlier than 10 days prior to the CPD Session. This will contain all the information you will need regarding the day.
If you have a disability or any additional needs and require assistance in order to fully participate in this session please email
Full Terms and Conditions For Triathlon Scotland Coach CPD sessions can be found here: http://www.triathlonscotland.org/coach/development/coach-development-booking-tcs/