Orkney CC Junior Cyclocross
26 Sep 2021
Orkney CC P2-P7 Junior Cyclo-Cross Race
(sponsored by The Orkney Creamery)
- The event will take place at Stromness Academy playing fields on Sunday 26th September.
- The event format will be that of two categorised races, Race 1 for P2-P4 and Race 2 for P5-P7.
- The P2-P4 race will run for 10 minutes.
- The P5-P7 will run for 15 minutes.
- Prior to each race riders will be allowed onto the course for practice.
- CX bikes, MTB's and road bikes are all acceptable although we strongly advise against using slick (road) tyres.
- There will be medals for anyone who is awesome on the day and an exclusive 'Cross is Boss' badge for everyone that enters.
The (PROVISIONAL) TIMINGS
- The P2-P4 race session will start at 11.00AM
- The P5-P7 race session will start at 12.00PM
- Registration for all riders will take place at the field gates next to the 3G pitch at the Academy.
- P2-P4 race registration will be between 10.50AM to 11.00AM
- P5-P7 race registration will be between 11.50AM to 12.00PM
- There will be a short prize giving ceremony immediately after each race.
- Timings are subject to change.
- Entry is £2 per rider.
- Entry is limited to 25 riders per race
- The closing date for entries is Friday 24th of September 2021.
- There will be no entries taken on the day.
- A race pack with final details of the event will be sent out (via email) on Saturday 25th September.
- This is a small, club event. Entry fees will be allocated to putting on this event and making it the best we can. Surplus funds will be used to further support the development of cyclocross in Orkney. Therefore unfortunately no refunds will be given.
- It's in Stromness (if you live in the east, head west).
- Please park-up at either Stromness Primary School or Stromness Academy.
The SMALL PRINT
- This is a fun event run as a coach-led racing activity.
- By entering you are agreeing to abide by the event rules and the instructions of the coach.
- Cyclists must be able to ride unsupervised to enter this event.
- You may only participate if a parent or legal guardian has agreed to these conditions and consents to your participation. You must be accompanied at the event by a responsible adult over the age of 18.
- You understand and agree that you participate in the event entirely at your own risk, that you must rely on your own ability in dealing with all hazards, and that you must conduct yourself in a manner that is safe for yourself and all others throughout the duration of the event.
- You acknowledge that participation in the event is physically strenuous and demanding. You are aware of the nature of the event and associated medical and physical risks involved. You further certify that you are physically capable of participating in the event and will only participate in the event if you are fit enough to do so.
- If you have any medical condition/s, including allergies, which the coach might need to be aware of, you undertake that you have provided details of these at the point of registration.
- You accept full liability and responsibility for any medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participating in the event.
- Whilst the coach will take every care with the staging of the event, you accept that you must make all reasonable precautions for the safeguarding of your person and of your property during your participation in the event. You further acknowledge that personal accident and personal items insurance is your responsibility.
- You accept that it is your responsibility to provide and use a suitable bicycle and helmet. The coach’s decision is final as to whether the bicycle and helmet are suitable.
- You accept that the coach reserves the right to amend the event format or cancel the event due to health and safety reasons, including storm, rain, inclement weather, winds or any other act of god conditions.
Covid-19 Specific Terms and Conditions
By submitting an entry, you hereby declare that:
- You are aware of, and adhere to, the latest Government and Scottish Cycling Guidelines around Covid-19 and take responsibility for your behaviour at the event
- You will take personal responsibility for your hygiene at the event by washing and sanitising your hands regularly and practice good respiratory hygiene
- You will read in advance and listen, on the day of the event, to all communications and instructions provided and adhere to them accordingly.
- You will not attend if you have any Covid-19 Symptoms.
- You will adhere to any required social distancing requirements at all times
- You will notify the coach if you develop symptoms after the event so other attendees can be informed via the “Test and Protect” protocols
If you have any questions then please feel free to drop Pete Bentley an email at email@example.com
|24 Sep 2021||£2.00|
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Date: 26 Sep 2021
Closing Date: 24 Sep 2021
|Orkney CC Junior Cyclocross Race P2-P4||??/25|
|Orkney CC Junior Cyclocross Race P5-P7||??/25|