Old Tram Mile Solo Series: July 2020 (13th to 26th)
26 Jul 2020
Old Tram Mile: Solo Series for July 2020
TheRunBible (TRB) in association with RunPreston (Preston's only running specialist) are pleased to bring you the Old Tram Mile: Solo Series for July.
What is it?: After the successful OTM Solo Series in June (read the review here), we've decided to go again in July with a few tweaks! This is to try and align it to the actual event (which we hope will take place from August - watch this space...). Basically you can run the Uphill mile, Downhill mile or both - you choose (we dare you to do both...).
Where is it?: Old Tram Road, Preston, PR1 9TY. See TRB Facebook event page here for pic's of start & finish.
When is it?: Complete your run/s anytime between Monday 13th and Sunday 26th July (8pm cut-off on 26th).
What time? Whenever (and however many times) you like between the above dates!
How much is it?: £2 for either mile or both miles. You have the option to purchase extra's - (a) An engraved finishers medal, (b) Race Series Technical T-Shirt and/or Hoody and (c) Make a donation to Derian House Children's Hospice (our selected charity for this event). See our TRB Facebook event page for pic's of the medal and T-Shirts/Hoodies (+ banter and updates etc.) - here
- Two-Part Series along the Old Tram Road, Preston, PR1 9TY.
- CHOICE 1: You choose to run the Uphill mile, Downhill mile or both miles - at no extra cost!
- CHOICE 2: You choose to run the actual course OR virtually somewhere closer to you. As long as the course elevation/s is the same or greater than the actual course (not less, as then it's easier...)
- Both races/courses will have their own leaderboards, prizes and Strava Segments (Uphill segment here, Downhill segment here)
- Accurately UKA measured mile-long course.
- Participants are encouraged to run 'solo', keep left & 2 metres from others (respect social distancing).
- You have from 13th July-26th July to submit your time/s (You will need to email proof).
- You can run as many times as you like between these dates - we'll count your fastest time (as long as we receive proof).
- There is a £2 entry fee (to cover prize costs). Optional Extra's:
- Donations to Derian House Childrens Hospice - Give as much as you can afford. How? When you sign-up there is a step to give a charity donation
- Purchase an OTM Solo Series Finishers medal. How? When you sign-up it'll ask if you want a medal (costs £5 incl P&P).
- Purchase an OTM Series T-Shirt and/or hoody. How? Click here to go to the TRB shop page.
- Prizes: Just £2 to enter and prizes to be won! There will be three prizes for each race (1st male, 1st female, plus someone selected at random) - six prizes in total.
- Results will show on the TRB FaceBook page (here) and on Power of 10/RunBritain websites (but won't count towards rankings sorry).
- There is no parking available in the immediate vicinity - closest being on-street parking by the newly built bridge linking Carrwood Way & The Cawsey (closest post code being PR5 4LU) or Vernon Carus Sports Club (Factory Lane, PR1 9SN).
By entering the event you:
- SAFETY: Will ensure you fully adhere to and respect social distancing guidelines - remember you are running on a busy public right of way! Keep left at all times and keep 2 metres from others. There is every chance you may have to zig-zag or politely inform others that you're approaching, we understand this could impact your time, but please be nice. We've a bit more on running safety here
- ETIQUETTE: Will as a general life rule - not be a d*ck, including not doing things like dropping rubbish (please take it home with you) and being respectful to those around you. We love runners, but only those who smile and are friendly.
- Declare that you are medically fit to participate, take part at you own risk & cannot hold the organisers responsible for any injury sustained or for any property lost during the race.
- Declare that you are an amateur as stated in UKA/EA rules and will abide by those rules. Hereby agree that the organisers or associates shall not be liable for any accident, injury, loss or damage as a consequence of your participation in the Race(s).
- You agree that Running Services Limited (T/A TheRunBible.com) may publish personal information as part of the results of this event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purposes of insurance, licences or for publishing results either for the event along or combined with or compared with other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, club, race times and age category.
- You agree that your contact details can be used to communicate with you for matters relating to the organisation of this event, including but not limited to, updates on event planning and results and for communication about holding of this event.
TheRunBible.com (part of Running Services Limited)
Dan Paton - Mobile Number: 07852 999635, Email Address: email@example.com
|26 Jul 2020||£2.00|
To sign-up for this event, the Service Fee is 4% (min 50p) for each sign-up
Dates and Status
Total Places: 100
Places Available: ??List