OTM Solo Series - Race 1: Up The OTM (3rd to 14th June)
14 Jun 2020
Welcome to the Old Tram Mile: Solo Series 2020
TheRunBible (TRB) in association with RunPreston (Preston's only running specialist store) are pleased to bring you the Old Tram Mile: Solo Series for June.
Location: Old Tram Road, Preston, PR1 9TY. See TRB Old Tram Mile page here for pic's of start & finish.
- First part: Complete your 'Up the Old Tram Mile' run/s between 3rd June and 14th June 2020.
- Second part: Complete your 'Down the Old Tram Mile' run/s between 15th June and 28th June 2020. Please note: There is a separate entry page if you want to enter the second part - click here
Start Times: Whenever (and however many times) you like between the above dates!
Entry fees: It's Free! You have the option to (a) make a donation to St Catherine's Hospice (in lieu of an entry free), (b) purchase an OTM Series Technical T-Shirt and/or Hoody and (c) purchase a finishers medal.
- Two-Part Virtual Series along the Old Tram Road, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 9TY.
- Accurately UKA measured mile-long course.
- Participants are encouraged to run 'solo', keep left & 2 metres from others (respect social distancing).
- You have from 3rd June to 14th June to submit your time/s for the uphill leg (Strava segment 1 here)
- Then from 15th June to 28th June to submit your time/s for the downhill leg (Strava segment 2 here). Remember: There is a seperate entry page for the second leg of the series, click here to enter.
- You will need to submit proof of your completed time/s - We'll be able to tell (from the elevation profile on your submission) if you incorrectly went downhill instead of uphill...
- You can run as many times as you like between these dates - we'll count your fastest time (as long as we receive proof). Once you're entered, we'll get in contact about how you submit your proof.
- There is no entry fee - it's free! Optional Extra's:
- Donations to St Catherine's Hospice (in lieu of an entry fee) - Give as much as you can afford. How? When you sign-up there is a step to give a charity donation
- Purchase an OTM Series T-Shirt and/or hoody. How? Click here to go to the TRB shop page.
- Purchase an OTM Series Finishers medal. How? When you sign-up it'll ask if you want a medal (costs £5).
- Series Prizes: Free to enter and prizes to be won! What's not to like!? Random prizes will be awarded, so no matter your pace you can still win. Event sponsors, RunPreston will award 4 x £20 vouchers plus free gait analysis. TRB will award a £20 voucher for use against future TRB events or merchandise.
- Results will show on the TRB FaceBook page (here) and website (here), also on the Power of 10/RunBritain sites (but won't count towards rankings).
- There is no parking available in the immediate vicinity - closest being on-street parking by the newly built bridge linking Carrwood Way & The Cawsey (closest post code being PR5 4LU), near the Hunters Pub (Hennel Lane, PR5 5UL) or Vernon Carus Sports Club (Factory Lane, PR1 9SN).
By entering the event you:
- SAFETY: Will ensure you fully adhere to and respect social distancing guidelines - remember you are running on a busy public right of way! Keep left at all times and keep 2 metres from others. There is every chance you may have to zig-zag or politely inform others that you're approaching, we understand this could impact your time, but please be nice...
- ETIQUETTE: Will as a general life rule - not be a d*ck, including not doing things like dropping rubbish (please take it home with you) and being respectful to those around you. We love runners, but only those who smile and are friendly.
- Declare that you are medically fit to participate, take part at you own risk & cannot hold the organisers responsible for any injury sustained or for any property lost during the race.
- Declare that you are an amateur as stated in UKA/EA rules and will abide by those rules. Hereby agree that the organisers or associates shall not be liable for any accident, injury, loss or damage as a consequence of your participation in the Race(s).
- You agree that Running Services Limited (T/A TheRunBible.com) may publish personal information as part of the results of this event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purposes of insurance, licences or for publishing results either for the event along or combined with or compared with other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, club, race times and age category.
- You agree that your contact details can be used to communicate with you for matters relating to the organisation of this event, including but not limited to, updates on event planning and results and for communication about holding of this event.
TheRunBible.com (part of Running Services Limited)
Dan Paton - Mobile Number: 07852 999635, Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|14 Jun 2020||£0.00|
To sign-up for this event, the Service Fee is 4% (min 50p) for each sign-up
Dates and Status
Total Places: 100
Places Available: ??List