Montrose Open Water Standard Triathlon
08 Sep 19
Hello and a huge welcome to the inaugural Montrose Open Water Standard Triathlon brought to you by Montrose Triathlon Club.
A first of its kind in Montrose this standard distance open water event is a definite for your calendar. The event is to be based at the beautiful Montrose Basin in the heart of Angus guaranteeing amazing views. Swim in the idyllic, tidal, seawater Basin at slack tide, followed by a reasonably flat, two lap cycle round the Basin. Finish with a run alongside the Basin. The event is open to athletes of all abilities.
The 1500m swim in the Basin will be in a counter-clockwise, well-marked and marshalled circuit. The start will be a deepwater start in which you’ll need to tread water. On exit of the water, you’ll be in transition within 20m.
Wetsuits are compulsory.
Upon exiting transition, you will be directed onto the counter clockwise two lap cycle route. The A92, A935 & A934 are main roads so should be expected to be reasonably busy. Once off of those roads, you will be on quiet country roads with amazing views. When on the second lap, you’ll be directed at a well signed quiet right-hand turn.
Upon exit of transition you’ll be directed onto the out and back run. The run is mainly on pavement (which is narrow in places) until the right-hand turn at Maryton onto quiet country road. Continue to turnaround point and head back same way as you came (back up that hill). Finish and give yourself a pat on the back.
- Distances: 1500 metre Open Water Swim, 37 km cycle, 11 Km run
- There is a limit of 100 Participants for the race and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis
- Closing date: 25th August 2019 (18:00 hrs)
- Entry fee: Home Nations Triathlon Member £48.00. Non Members £54.00
- TRIATHLON HOME NATION MEMBERSHIP CARDS WILL BE INSPECTED AT REGISTRATION. YOU WILL BE CHARGED THE £6 LEVY IF NO VALID RACE CARD IS PRESENTED.
- THE STANDARD TRIATHLON WILL BE UNDER THE RACE RULES OF TRIATHLON SCOTLAND (click here for rules)
- Timings: Registration will open from 08:00 and close at 09:15
- 08:00 Registration/Transition Opens
- 09:15 Registration Closes
- 09:30 Compulsory Race Brief
- 10:00 Transition closes
- 10:15 Swim warm up
- 10:20 Swim start.
- Ample car parking is available on Croft Road. Please do not park in front of home owners drives or dropped kerbs. There is approximately a 10 minute walk to registration. Map will be provided.
- Road leading from transition to main road is not smooth tarmac. Road will be swept and all potholes filled.
- Medical cover will be provided.
- Portable toilets will be provided.
- Competitor refreshments will be available.
- Unsupervised male & female changing in the form of floored gazebos will be provided.
- Unsupervised bag drop will be provided.
- Results will be provided as soon as possible after the event. Check the event Facebook page and Thistle Timing website.
- Results : Overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd (Male and Female). Age category places will be 1st place only.
- PLEASE NOTE: UNDER 18's WILL REQUIRE PARENT / GUARDIAN CONSENT AT REGISTRATION TO COMPETE IN THE EVENT DUE TO THE BIKE LEG TAKING PART ON OPEN ROAD.
To keep up to date with event developments and preparations go to Montrose Open Water Triathlon Facebook page.
Refund Policy : 75% refund up to one month notice prior to event. Refund will be zero one month or less to event.
|04 Sep 2019||£48.00||£54.00|
*Discounted for members of any of TS TE WT
To sign-up for this event, the Service Fee is 4% (min 50p) for each sign-up
Dates and Status
Total Places: 100
Places Available: ??List