Manx Xtreme Triathlon
29 Sep 2019
MANX XTREME TRIATHLON 2019 WILL BE HELD ON 29TH SEPTEMBER 2019.
- 3.4km Sea Swim
- Transition 1 (T1) at Laxey Village
- 185km Road Bike
- Transition 2 (T2) at Point of Ayre
- 40km Run (mostly off‐road);
- Transition T2A at the Laxey Wheel (this acts as the mountain safety checkpoint and high course cut‐off. This is also where athletes will pick‐up their compulsory support runner for the high mountain section of
- Finish atop Snaefell and return to Laxey via the mountain railway.
- Athletes are largely self‐supported throughout the race.
- Finishers of the high‐level mountain route will receive a Manx Xtreme Green T‐shirt.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I enter more than one race, does that affect my chances in another? XTRI World Tour races don’t share notes – all applications to all the ballots are treated independently and equally (within the bounds of any selection T&C’s each organiser has).
I'm injured or can't make the race - can I have a refund or deferred entry?.
The organisers will not be enabling refunds or deferred entries. If you think you want cover for a potential refund, this is available as an extra-cost option as part of the entry process. Pleasee see the 'Refunds' section below.
Do I have to have a support runner for the mountain, and a support crew and vehicle?.
Yes - the Support Team are essential, and are a very important part of the XTRI experience. It is possible to race with 1 x support crew member who will also be your buddy runner.
ABOUT THE RACE.
Race date: Sunday 29th September 2019
The Race: You must have downloaded, read and understood the draft race manual available from www.manxtri.com before applying to enter this event - this is a condition of entry. By applying to enter, you're acknowledging you've done this. The organisers retain the right to make changes to the manual and rules before race day. Please pay careful attention to some specific requirements;
- You will need to carry compulsory equipment in the running sections. You MUST make sure you have all the kit needed and please don't try to bend the rules on what a 'waterproof' is!. There are risks associated with the mountain run - you will need the compulsory equipment (at least) for your own safety. Be prepared to carry more than the minimum requirement to ensure YOUR safety.
- The run section is extreme, and passes at a sustained high level through a significant mountain range - the terrain is rough, steep, exposed and rocky. The 'path' is not always obvious, or physically present and you might need basic hill navigation skills (we provide you with a map) if the weather closes in.
- We reserve the right to change to a shorter low level run course at any point for reasons of safety and safe management of people on the hill.
- We reserve the right to alter the swim course to reflect weather, water and temperature conditions.
- You must have a support crew + vehicle, and a competent 'buddy runner' for the second part of the run course. No exceptions.
- It is intended that the race will start with a Norseman-style jump from a ferry (TBC - subject to agreement, permissions and water/weather conditions). Please note that you will need to be confident with a 4m drop from the ferry to the water. There will be no other option to start the race if the ferry is used.
Manx Xtri is an Extreme triathlon. The distances are 'ironlike' - 3.4km Sea Swim, 185km Road Bike (with approx 3000m of climb), 40km Run (with over 1200m of climb. The run is approx 75% off-road through severe mountainous terrain, including a finish on the summit of Snaefell). There will be strict cut-offs applied to the finish of the swim section, T2, and the start of the final mountain run section - T2A. If you don't make the latter cut off (or are judged by medical staff to be in an unfit condition to go up the mountain), you will finish the race at T2A.
Support Crew: You MUST (no exceptions) have a support team of at least one person plus vehicle. This is essentially a self-supported race. Your support person will accompany you on the final mountain section, and so needs to be capable of assisting you on a severe 10km 600m climb mountain run).
Cut Offs, Support Team requirements, and Mandatory Kit details (along with lots of other information) are in the Race Manual - please pay close attention.
Your race age group will be the same as your age on 31st Dec 2019.
Entry Fees: £350
Refund policy: Manx Xtreme Triathlon does not offer refunds, transfers or entry deferrals - sorry. We STRONGLY advise you accept the Entry Central event entry insurance offered as part of the entry process (there is a small additional charge for this, full T&C's available from Entry Central).
Your entry is not transferable, and may not be sold or given to another person. Anyone who starts at Manx Xtri using the registration of another person will be taken out of the race.
THIS POLICY WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED - IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DO THE RACE, DON'T ENTER!
The race is being held as far as possible under British Triathlon rules - you are responsible for reading these before starting the Manx Xtreme Triathlon.