M3 Monikie Tristars Triathlon
07 Jul 2018
Welcome to the Monikie Park Tristars Triathlon brought to you by Triathlon Scotland & Monifieth Triathlon Club (M3)
New for 2018 Monifieth Triathlon Club are delighted to present the inaugural Tristars event at Monikie Park. The event will take part in and around Monikie Park on closed roads resulting in a safe race for children aged 9-14 (age on Dec 31st 2018). The event is open to athletes of all abilities.
The race distances are as follows:
Tristars 1 (age 9-10)
Tristars 2 (age 11-12)
Tristars 3 (age 13-14)
The swim is in the smaller of the two ponds and will be supported with kayaks and rescue craft to ensure the safety of all competitors throughout the swim leg. A short run will take the competitors to transition. NOTE THAT THIS IS A SPLIT TRANSITION - T1 at SWIM EXIT and T2 at RANGER STATION
Wetsuits are compulsory.
Exiting the transition area, you will be guided onto the cycle route out of the south gate. Exit the south gate of Monikie Park, turn left on B961, turn left to Kirkton Rd following the perimeter of the park and then turn left back into the park via the north gate. All corners will be marshalled and the public roads will be closed for the entirety of the bike legs of all three Tri Stars events
Tristars 2 Bike - https://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_4698814.html - 1 Lap + Out and Back
Each of the Tristars run legs will take a slightly different route, all will finish directly in front of the ranger building at transition to ensure a fantastic finish under the finish arch.
Tristars 1 Run - https://gb.mapometer.com/running/route_4698819.html Out and back run between the two ponds
Tristars 2 Run - https://gb.mapometer.com/running/route_4698823.html Out and back run between the two ponds
Tristars 3 Run - https://gb.mapometer.com/running/route_4698829.html One counter clockwise lap of the south pond with an out and back addition at the east gate.
- Distances: Per table above
- There is a limit of 30 Participants per Tristar event and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis
- Closing date: 1st July 2018 (18:00 hrs)
- Entry fee: Home Nations Member £20.00
- HOME NATIONS MEMBERSHIP CARDS WILL BE INSPECTED AT REGISTRATION
- THE TRISTARS EVENTS WILL BE UNDER THE RACE RULES OF TRIATHLON SCOTLAND
- Timings: Registration will open from 07:30 and close at 08:40 (Note timings may be subject to change, athletes will be provided detailed timings in race briefing email in the week leading up to the event)
- 07:30 Registration/Transition Opens
- 08:40 Registration/Transition Closes
- 08:50 Race Brief
- 08:55 Move to the swim start
- 09:00 Tristars 1 start followed by Tristars 2 and 3 at suitable intervals once each event has concluded. Timings may vary
- Car parking is available within the Grounds of Monikie Park - This year a charge of £2.70 will apply per vehicle which is payable on the day to Angus Alive, the providers of the race venue. We recommend car sharing where possible. We will also be securing offsite parking to reduce the loading on the park, this will be communicated leading up to the event - Parking on the road outside the park (Panmure Road), is strictly not permitted as this poses a risk to competitors during the event
- Professional 3rd party Medical Cover & First Aid provided and aligned with Triathlon Scotland Event requirements
- Refreshments - There is a Café within the Grounds of Monikie Park
- Showers and toilets are within the grounds of Monikie Park
- Results will be available as soon as possible after the event, check the event Facebook page and the event website
- Results: Male Placed 1st to 3rd, Female Placed 1st to 3rd in each Tristars event
- Results will be published on Monifieth Triathlon Club website: m3tri.com
- Other information about Monikie Park on Angus Alive facebook page
- THIS IS A CLOSED ROAD EVENT.
- This is not a relay event.
Be sure to click on the Facebook logo to keep up with preparations and information, or go to http://www.facebook.com/M3sprint
|M3 Monikie Tristars 3||07 Jul 2018||??/30||Open||01 Jul 2018|
|M3 Monikie Tristars 2||07 Jul 2018||??/30||Open||01 Jul 2018|
|M3 Monikie Tristars 1||07 Jul 2018||??/30||Open||01 Jul 2018|