M3 Monikie Team Relay
07 Jul 18
Welcome to the inaugural Monikie Mixed Team Relay Triathlon brought to you by Triathlon Scotland & Monifieth Triathlon Club (M3)
This is a fantastic four person team event for mixed groups to take part in a fast event on the beautiful setting of Monikie Country Park and cycle on the local roads around Monikie with a flat run between the ponds. The event is open to athletes of all abilities.
Each team consists of a mix of male and female team mates. The first team member starts at the sound of the starters horn and completes all three disciplines in order. Upon completing their run leg back at the beach they remove their timing chip and hand it to the next person in their team. Once the timing chip is secured on their left leg, they then start their turn. Once all four members have completed their triathlon in succession the event is finished and refreshments await!!
The swim is in the smaller of the two ponds, North Pond over a 300 metre course, swimming an anticlockwise circuit. The swim entry and relay change over point is on the beach and finishes at the same swim exit used by the sprint championhip race. On exiting the water you are within 80 meters of transition.
Wetsuits are compulsory.
Exiting the transition area, you will be guided onto the cycle route out of the south gate. Exit the south gate of Monikie Park, turn left on B961 to Crombie Crossroads, turn left on to Kirkton Rd and Left Again on to Panmure Rd before emerging back onto the B961 at the south end of the park. You will then turn left into the park via the south gate to complete a 5k loop of the park perimeter.
Exit transition for the run and head east between the two ponds to the turn around. The first three athletes will turn to the beach and had over their timing chip and the last athlete will sprint for the finish line in front of the rangers building.
- Distances: 300 metre Open Water Swim, 5 km cycle, 1.25 Km run
- There is a limit of 40 x 4 person teams for the race and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis
- Closing date: 1st July 2018 (18:00 hrs)
- Entry fee: £88 per team
- HOME NATIONS MEMBERSHIP CARDS WILL BE INSPECTED AT REGISTRATION
- THE SPRINT TRIATHLON WILL BE UNDER THE RACE RULES OF TRIATHLON SCOTLAND
- Timings: As this race is following the Youth Tri Stars Event, timing may vary
- 07:30 Registration/Transition Opens
- 10:00 Registration/Transition Closes
- 10:30 Race Brief
- 10:45 Move to the swim start
- 10:50 Swim Brief
- 10:55 Swim warm up
- 11:00 Swim start
- Car parking is available within the Grounds of Monikie Park - This year a charge of £2.70 will apply per vehicle which is payable on the day to Angus Alive, the providers of the race venue. We recommend car sharing where possible. We will also be securing offsite parking to reduce the loading on the park, this will be communicated leading up to the event - Parking on the road outside the park (Panmure Road), is strictly not permitted as this poses a risk to competitors during the event
- Professional 3rd party Medical Cover & First Aid provided and aligned with Triathlon Scotland Championship Event requirements
- Refreshments - There is a Café within the Grounds of Monikie Park
- Showers and toilets are within the grounds of Monikie Park
- Results will be available as soon as possible after the event, check the event Facebook page and the event website
- Results: Teams Placed 1st to 3rd
- Results will be published on Monifieth Triathlon Club website: m3tri.com
- Other information about Monikie Park on Angus Alive facebook page
Be sure to click on the Facebook logo to keep up with preparations and information, or go to http://www.facebook.com/M3sprint