Loch Gu Loch - Swimrun Scotland
30 Sep 17
LOCH GU LOCH - SWIMRUN SCOTLAND - 30 SEPTEMBER 2017
LOCH GU LOCH SPRINT - SWIMRUN SCOTLAND - 30 SEPTEMBER 2017 (**New for 2017**)
WHAT THE ENTRY FEE INCLUDES
- Transport from Race HQ to the start
- Post-Race Meal @ Boathouse Restaurant
- Event Technical T-Shirt
- Race Number Vests
- Loch Gu Loch Swim Cap
- GPS Tracking of Competitors
- Sport Ident Electronic Race Timing
- Waymarked course
- Specially printed course map
- Extensive water safety team
- Extensive 1st aid team including Paramedic
- Several aid stations
- Incredible start venue at Urquhart Castle (Loch Gu Loch 'Classic' Race)
- Discounted accommodation offer for race venue - the Highland Club at St. Benedict's Abbey, Fort Augustus (see below). Offer ends 1st Feb 2017 (thereafter it's subject to availability)
- Organised by the team behind the Celtman! Extreme Scottish Triathlon, and Hell's Hop - Swimrun Scotland
- Now an ÖtillÖ Merit race! http://otilloswimrun.com/races/ (Loch Gu Loch 'Classic' Race)
ABOUT THE RACE
The Race: Inspired by the incredible ÖtillÖ in Sweden, home of the Swimrun Sport we bring a new slant by utilising Lochs and the mainland instead of Islands. You will not be disappointed though with an incredible landscape and you never know there might even be a few islands thrown in.
LOCH GU LOCH - 'CLASSIC' RACE
SWIM 8K FROM AN ANCIENT CASTLE
There will be 13 swim sections beginning with a challenging 2K straight across Loch Ness from Urquhart Castle. It's deep, dark and legend has it, inhabited!
47K OF RUNNING
Ancient trails, forest trails, rough trails and no trails. There is no shortage of variation along our incredible South Loch Ness route with 12 run sections.
LOCH GU LOCH - 'SPRINT' RACE
SWIM 1.5K ACROSS REMOTE AND DARK LOCHS
There will be 7 swim sections including island hopping across the beautiful Loch Tarff, and a challenging 750m straight across Loch Ness. It's deep, dark and legend has it, inhabited!
8K OF RUNNING
Ancient trails, forest trails, rough trails and no trails. There is no shortage of variation along our incredible route.
MAGNIFICENT FINISH LINE
You will emerge from the water cold and exhausted in the shadow of the magnificent Fort Augustus Abbey after which point you will be fed, watered and cared for.
Race date: Saturday 30th September 2017
Race Location: Race HQ is at St. Benedict’s Abbey in Fort Augustus, on the shore of Loch Ness (postcode PH32 4DE). Race start is Castle Urquhart near Drumnadrochit.
The Race: You must have downloaded, read and understood the race rules available from www.lochguloch.com before applying to enter this event. The organisers retain the right to make changes to the course and rules before and during (if necessary) race day. Please pay careful attention to some specific requirements;
- This race is extreme due to the exposed and remote nature of the swim and run sections. Scotland gets a lot of weather, and some of it is big!. You MUST have good experience of cold water, open water swimming before coming to the race. We strongly suggest that you complete a Swimrun race before taking on Loch Gu Loch Classic (the Sprint race is ideal for newcomers to the sport).
- The race is for pairs of competitors – there is no solo class.
- There is the potential for extreme weather – the organisers may insist on the carrying of compulsory equipment (e.g. waterproof jackets and trousers, additional clothing and/or waterproof layers)
- The organisers will issue each team with a GPS Tracking device. This must be carried at all times.
- Whilst the course is marked, you will also be issued with a map. The trails do not always exist, and when they do so, are not always obvious – you may need to use the map to navigate.
- Weather and water conditions will play a big role at Loch Gu Loch. By entering, you accept this is a possibilty. The organisers reserve the right to change the course at any point for reasons of safety.
- There will be race cut-off points and times – these will be non-negotiable!. We’ll let you know what and where these are well before race day.
Entry Fee: Loch Gu Loch Classic £400 – per team, Loch Gu Loch Sprint £200 - per team
- We strongly recommend you have personal insurance as it gives peace of mind for problems and refunds. Our partners at OTILLO have developed a Swimrun-specific policy - this costs (2017) only 12.60 Euro per person per race and covers accident, refunds and travel costs (please see policy details for full inclusions/exclusions)
- You can see all the details and buy your insurance here
- Your application is final and will not be reimbursed. Use your insurance if you have a medical issue.
- It is allowed to change one team member.
- No external sales of your entry is allowed.
Refund policy: No entry fees will be reimbursed by the Race Organisation - please use your insurance for this purpose.
We've negociated a fantastic Loch Gu Loch only rate for self catering accommodation at the luxury Highland Club, which also doubles as our venue for race registration, race briefing and the race finish line - it's certainly the place to be!. This rate is only available when booking, and until 1st Feb 2017 and we strongly encourage you to book now as it may be difficult to find accommodation in the area.
After 1st Feb 2017, accommodation at Highland Club will be subjct to availability. Loch Gu Loch entrants will get a 10% discount on advertised prices.
Accommodation Booking is direct with The Highland Club, and all the details of the package are available at: http://lochguloch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/lglaccomm.pdf
Highland Club is a bit special, and very luxury - check it out on their website: www.thehighlandclub.co.uk
|Loch Gu Loch CLASSIC - Swimrun Scotland||30/09/2017||??/70||Open||01/09/2017|
|Loch Gu Loch SPRINT - Swimrun Scotland||30/09/2017||??/100||Open||01/09/2017|