Loch Gu Loch - Swimrun Scotland
01 Oct 16
LOCH GU LOCH - SWIMRUN SCOTLAND - 1 OCTOBER 2016
WHAT THE ENTRY FEE INCLUDES
- Jacobite Cruises Boat from Race HQ to the start
- Post-Race Buffet
- Event Technical T-Shirt
- Race Number Vests
- Loch Gu Loch Swim Cap
- GPS Tracking of Competitors
- Sport Ident Electronic Race Timing
- Waymarked course
- Specially printed course map
- Extensive water safety team
- Extensive 1st aid team including Paramedic
- Several aid stations
- Incredible start venue at Urquhart Castle
- Discounted accommodation offer for race venue - the Highland Club at St. Benedict's Abbey, Fort Augustus (see below)
- Organised by the team behind the Celtman! Extreme Scottish Triathlon, and Hell's Hop - Swimrun Scotland
- Now an Ö till Ö Merit race! http://otilloswimrun.com/races/
ABOUT THE RACE
The Race: Inspired by the incredible ÖtillÖ in Sweden, home of the Swimrun Sport we bring a new slant by utilising Lochs and the mainland instead of Islands. You will not be disappointed though with an incredible landscape and you never know there might even be a few islands thrown in.
SWIM 8K FROM AN ANCIENT CASTLE
There will be 13 swim sections beginning with a challenging 2K straight across Loch Ness from Urquhart Castle. It's deep, dark and legend has it, inhabited!
47K OF RUNNING
Ancient trails, forest trails, rough trails and no trails. There is no shortage of variation along our incredible South Loch Ness route with 12 run sections.
MAGNIFICENT FINISH LINE
You will emerge from the water cold and exhausted in the shadow of the magnificent Fort Augustus Abbey after which point you will be fed, watered and cared for.
Race date: Saturday 1st October
Race Location: Race HQ is at St. Benedict’s Abbey in Fort Augustus, on the shore of Loch Ness (postcode PH32 4DE). Race start is Castle Urquhart near Drumnadrochit.
The Race: You must have downloaded, read and understood the race rules available from www.lochguloch.com before applying to enter this event. The organisers retain the right to make changes to the course and rules before race day. Please pay careful attention to some specific requirements;
- The race is for pairs of competitors – there is no solo class.
- There is the potential for extreme weather – the organisers may insist on the carrying of compulsory equipment (e.g. waterproof jackets and trousers, additional clothing layers)
- The organisers will issue each team with a GPS Tracking device. This must be carried at all times.
- Whilst the course is marked, you will also be issued with a map. The paths are not always obvious – you may need to use the map to navigate.
- The organisers reserve the right to change the course at any point for reasons of safety.
- There will be race cut-off points and times – these will be non-negotiable!. We’ll let you know what and where these are well before race day.
Entry Fee: £400 – per team
Insurance - we highly recommend the Swimrun insurance provided by Ö till Ö www.otilloswimrun.com/insurance
Refund policy: If you need to withdraw from the race, please email the organisers (email@example.com). Until 1st April 2016, your entry fee will be refunded, less an administration fee of £100. After 1st April, no refunds, transfers or deferrals will be made. The entry is not transferable, and may not be sold or given to another team/person. Anyone who starts at Loch Gu Loch using the registration of another person will be taken out of the race.
We've negociated a fantastic Loch Gu Loch only rate for self catering accommodation at the luxury Highland Club, which also doubles as our venue for race registration, race briefing and the race finish line - it's certainly the place to be!. This rate is only available when booking and we strongly encourage you to book now as it may be difficult to find accommodation in the area.
The package that can be booked as part of the entry process includes 2 nights accommodation (30th Sept and 1st October) for 2 people - i.e. a team. More nights and more people can be booked later by emailing the organisers - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to book the accommodation package, a £100 deposit payment will be taken with your entry payment. Highland Club will contact you later to arrange the payment of the balance (including for any additional nights and additional people).
Highland Club is a bit special, and very luxury - check it out on their website: www.thehighlandclub.co.uk