Killinchy 150 Leisure Cycle
18 Aug 19
Welcome to the Killinchy 150 Leisure Cycle event!
KCC are proud to announce the sixth year of their Leisure Cycle event, consisting of three distances (150K, 80K and 25K) to suit all fitness levels and abilities. The event is on the 18th August 2019 and the routes take in some of the most scenic areas of the County Down countryside.
Proceeds from the Entry Fee will go to our nominated charities for the event, which are the Children's Heartbeat Trust and Kodi's Krew.
The Children's Heartbeat Trust is a local charity, supporting families of children and young people with Heart Disease in Northern Ireland.
Kodi's Krew was set up to help raise funds to treat brave 11 year old Killinchy girl Kodi Brown, who has been diagnosed with a brain tumour. With treatment not available through the NHS, her parents have reserached a clinic in Germany, where pioneering immunotherapy is offered, alongside infusion treatments to strengthen the immune system in conjunction with conventional brain tumour treatments.
The event starts and finishes at Killinchy Community Hall and will be fully supported with a team of Marshalls, motorcycle outriders, and medical backup. Routes are available on the club website: www.killinchycc.co.uk
The Poacher's Pocket (winner of the "Irish Restaurant Awards - Gastro Pub of the Year 2014-2018") are the main event sponsors, providing a delicious BBQ at the finish for all competitors.
Note: BBQ from 1pm to 4pm, wristbands must be displayed for food.
Facilities for the event include:
- Changing facilities
- Car parking
- Refreshment stops will be at Clontonacally (K80 & K150) and the Quoile Amenity area (K150 only)
- Lunch stop for the K150 will be at the Lakeside Inn, Ballydugan Lake, Drumcullen Road
PLEASE SEE UPDATED REGISTRATION & START TIMES BELOW.
- All Online entries must be received by Fri 16th August 2019, price £15 (£20 if insurance is required on the day); entry on the day will be priced at £20 (plus insurance if required.)
- Cancellations: we cannot refund entry fees after the application has been processed
- K25: Registration opens 10:00am on the day, start time 11:00am
- K80: Registration opens 9:00am on the day, start time 10:00am
- K150: Registration opens 8:00am on the day, start time 9:00am
- HELMETS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES
- RULES OF THE ROAD MUST BE ADHERED TO AT ALL TIMES
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE PASSED TO ANY THIRD PARTIES
|16 Aug 2019||£15.00||£20.00|
*Discounted for members of Cycling Ireland
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Total Places: 500
Places Available: ??List