Hopton Court Trail Run - Winter
09 Feb 2020
The Winter Hopton Court Trail Run 2020 - Sunday 9th February.
5K, 10K or Half Marathon options.
A challenging Winter or Summer trail run set in the stunning surroundings of the Hopton Court Estate in South Shropshire. An exclusive opportunity to experience this private, multi terrain route through woodland, across fields and over streams.
- Hopton Court, Hopton Wafers, Near Cleobury Mortimer, South Shropshire, DY14 0EF.
- Car-parking: FREE near the event start.
- Bag drop: FREE in the Coach House next to the start and finish line.
- Toilets are available next to the start and finish line.
Registration and run briefing:
- Make your way to the Coach House next to the main house at Hopton Court.
- Collect your timing chip and number on the morning of the run from 08:00. Registration closes at 9.15 for the half marathon and 9.45 for the 5K and 10K.
- Run briefing for the half marathon at 09.15 ready for a 09.30 start.
- Run briefing for the 5K and 10K is 09.45 ready for a 10.00 start.
- Half marathon - 4 laps (min age 17)
- 10K - 2 laps (min age 15)
- 5K - 1 lap (min age 11)
The route is marked out with arrows and marshals will be in key areas. The terrain is a mixture of fields, woodland and footpaths. There is also a shallow water crossing with an option to either run through it or over it! The route in its most basic form is undulating with a couple of climbs as well as some downhill breathers.
- You will receive your timing chip and run number at registration.
- Your run number must be visible on your front.
- There will be a water station at the 5k lap point on the course. Please do not discard any plastic bottles or gel wrappers etc on the route. There is more water available at the finish line.
- At the finish there will be refreshments available to purchase in the Coach House. Enjoy a mulled cider, Hobson's ale, hot drink, sweet and savoury crepe or warm soup to celebrate. You will have earned it!
- Everybody receives a medal and an official time.
- Individual timing results can be printed out at the finishing line.
- Full results will be announced on our Facebook page within 48 hours.
- Dogs are not permitted on the route due to the various livestock in surrounding areas.
If you enjoyed this winter run then why not join us again in the summer on Sunday 12th July. A fantastic opportunity to experience the route in full bloom. Click on this link to sign up for the summer run.
|07 Feb 2020||£25.00|
|07 Feb 2020||£19.00|
|07 Feb 2020||£15.00|
Dates and Status
Date: 09 Feb 2020
Closing Date: 07 Feb 2020
Places Available/Total: ??/230