Tonmawr Hilly 5 & Port Talbot Half Marathon 2020
09 Aug 2020
Port Talbot Harriers Running Events celebrate not one but TWO anniversaries this year and to celebrate we are offering dual entry meaning you can experience both events at a discounted price. Please note these spaces are limited.
- Our first running event of the year will see the 10 year anniverary of the Tonmawr Hilly 5 on Sunday 3rd May. Sponsored by DW Harris & Co Solicitors, the race is set in the beautiful grounds of Bryn Bettws Lodge in the Afan Forest. The race is tough but the views are amazing and sense of achievement when you cross the finish line make certainly feel proud.
- On Sunday 9th August the Port Talbot Half Marathon will celebrate it's 5th anniversary and the race proves popular amongst the elite and novice runners. Sponsored by Tata Steel, the race starts in the village of Glyncorrwg before setting off on a exciting run through the stunning Afan forest where you follow the former railway route down the valley to Pontrhydyfen (birth place of Richard Burton). From here, you turn and follow the opposite side the valley to return to Glyncorrwg. Without doubt this is one of Wales' most scenic races and without doubt it is one of the cheapest half marathons offering all the participants the same if not more than some of the big city races.
Both races offer electronic chip timing, water stations, bespoke event technical t-shirt, medal plus Free post race massage.
Both Race Starts at 11:00
Please Note : There are NO Refunds or Deferrals
Places Are Transferrable : Subject to a £5.00 Administration Fee*transfer deadlines below
Hilly 5 IMPORTANT INFO:
- Transfers must be completed by Sunday 12th April 2020
- Parking is FREE at Bryn Bettws Lodge for all Competitors and Spectators
Port Talbot Half Marathon IMPORTANT INFO:
- Transfers must be completed by Sunday 12th July 2020
- Please Note : There is Half way cut off - All runners must pass through this point within 2 hours of the race start
- Full distance cut off is 4 hours
- Parking Payable Locally
|12 Apr 2020||£36.00||£40.00|
*Discounted for members of any of WA EA SA
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Total Places: 250