HiddenPeak Running Aberdeen Group Training
23 Sep 2020
We are returning to where it all began for our first post-lockdown Aberdeen training run. Duthie Park is the beautiful setting and we are really excited to be going there to train as a group again.
It's 12 months since we got our project underway with a paarlauf-in-the-park which attracted a big group of enthusiastic runners who enjoyed a challenging but fun session.
We have another exciting training event planned which will help develop your pace and improve your tempo. Plus warm-up drills and post run gentle stretches.It all gets underway on Wednesday 23rd September. Meet in front of the Winter Gardens ready for a 6pm start.
The session will be hosted by Great Brtain internationals Robbie Simpson and Fraser Clyne who between them have many years experience of running all distances and over every possible type of terrain. The sessions are designed to be suitable for ALL levels of runner.
Ample car parking in and around Duthie Park
Wednesday 6pm to 7pm
Location: Duthie Park,Aberdeen.
Cost: £6 per person.
Extra steps have been taken to ensure we are able to train safely and follow government regulations on Covid-19, see below for details
For all Hidden Peak Running Group sessions, we will be following scottishathletics guidelines as shown in detail here:
Please read these carefully.
Some of the key points are:
A “field of play bubble” for all ages means that physical distancing can be suspended for the duration of the activity. At all other times physical distancing must be maintained for individuals aged 12+.
• Runners must not congregate with other athletes outside their bubble prior to, and
following, the coaching session.
• Coaches and runners should adhere to all restrictions that may be placed on a
public space by the owner of that space.
• Coaches should ensure they have carried out a standard risk assessment of any training
space or route, as they would normally, prior to the session taking place.
• Coaches and runners should ensure they carry out standard safety procedures
(e.g. phones, route planning etc) when accessing ‘wild’ public spaces.
• Be aware of other members of the public using the same space you are training in. The
group should be briefed on how they run together in a way that respects physical distancing, and which does not cause unnecessary risk or anxiety to members of the public.
The guidelines could be reviewed at any time so the situation could change.
You must not attend one of our sessions if you:
• Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
• Have been overseas to a country on the quarantine list or exposed to someone with COVID19 in the last 14 days.
• Have COVID-19 symptoms (self-isolate for 10 days) or are feeling unwell.
• Have been told to self-isolate as part of the contact tracing measures in place.
- Please address any enquiries to the firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment will be made via EntryCentral.
- Please think carefully before signing up as there is a policy of no refunds except in circumstances where the event needs to be cancelled by the organisers.
|23 Sep 2020||£6.00|
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Total Places: 24
Places Available: ??List