Hell's Hop - Swimrun Scotland
27 Aug 17
HELL'S HOP - SWIMRUN SCOTLAND - 27th AUGUST 2017, OUTER HEBRIDES, SCOTLAND
WHAT THE ENTRY FEE INCLUDES
- Coach and Tall Ship from Race HQ (Daliburgh, South Uist) to the start
- Post-Race Buffet
- Event Technical T-Shirt
- Race Number Vests
- Swim Cap
- GPS Tracking of Competitors
- Sport Ident Electronic Race Timing
- Fully Waymarked course
- Specially printed course map
- Extensive water safety team
- Extensive 1st aid team
- Several aid stations
- Organised by the team behind the Celtman! Extreme Scottish Triathlon and Loch Gu Loch - Swimrun Scotland
ABOUT THE RACE
The Race: Inspired by the incredible ÖtillÖ in Sweden, home of the Swimrun Sport we bring a new slant by utilising Lochs and the mainland instead of Islands. You will not be disappointed though with an incredible landscape and you never know there might even be a few islands thrown in.
SWIM 6K IN AND OFF THER HEBRIDEAN ISLANDS OF SOUTH UIST AND ERISKAY
Hell's Hop will have 13 incredible swim sections - a mix of both sea and tranquil freshwater lochs. The sea swims will be seriously adrenalin-charging, cold and wild. This is going to be a real adventure for all of us!. You'll be island-hopping along the way, including the barren Stac Isles off the Eriskay coast and into the wild Sound of Barra. Once back on South Uist you will still have amazing swims on miles of golden sandy beaches, and dark inland freshwater lochs with ancient ruined castles in the middle!.
30K OF RUNNING
Split into 14 run sections, you will encounter ancient machair (coastal vegetation unique to the Hebrides), sandy tracks, beach-running on golden sands, steep and rough island slopes, and ruined castles on your Hebridean adventure.
Race date: Sunday 27th August 2017
Race Location, Accommodation, Getting Here: Race HQ is at Southend Community Hall in Daliburgh village on South Uist. The finish line will be the nearby Borrodale Hotel. The race start will be on Eriskay.
There are several accommodation options in the Daliburgh and Lochboisdale areas of South Uist - see http://www.visitouterhebrides.co.uk/accommodation/islands-accommodation/isles-of-south-uist-and-eriskay
The islands are linked to the Scottish Mainland via our event supporters and sponsors, Caledonian Macbrayne. It is likely that the Mallaig - Lochboisdale ferry link will be your best choice. Leave your car in Mallaig is only around 3.5 hours from Glasgow. www.calmac.co.uk
The Race: You must have downloaded, read and understood the race rules available from www.hells-hop.com before applying to enter this event. The organisers retain the right to make changes to the course and rules before and during (if necessary) race day. Please pay careful attention to some specific requirements;
- This race is extreme due to the exposed and remote nature of the swim and run sections. The Hebrides gets a lot of weather, and some of it is big!. You MUST have good experience of cold water, open water swimming before coming to the race. We strongly suggest that you complete a Swimrun race before taking on Hell's Hop.
- The race is for pairs of competitors – there is no solo class.
- There is the potential for extreme weather – the organisers may insist on the carrying of compulsory equipment (e.g. waterproof jackets and trousers, additional clothing and/or waterproof layers)
- The organisers will issue each team with a GPS Tracking device. This must be carried at all times.
- Whilst the course is marked, you will also be issued with a map. The trails do not always exist, and when they do so, are not always obvious – you may need to use the map to navigate.
- Weather and water conditions will play a big role at Hell's Hop. By entering, you accept this is a possibilty. The organisers reserve the right to change the course at any point for reasons of safety.
- There will be race cut-off points and times – these will be non-negotiable!. We’ll let you know what and where these are well before race day.
Entry Fee: £450 – per team
- We strongly recommend you have personal insurance as it gives peace of mind for problems and refunds. Our partners at OTILLO have developed a Swimrun-specific policy - this costs (2017) only 12.60 Euro per person per race and covers accident, refunds and travel costs (please see policy details for full inclusions/exclusions)
- You can see all the details of the insurance here. The insurance will be available to buy from January 2017 (but please do enter Hell's Hop before then, and sort out the insurance seperately later on),
- Your application is final and will not be reimbursed. Use your insurance if you have a medical issue.
- It is allowed to change one team member.
- No external sales of your entry is allowed.
Refund policy: No entry fees will be reimbursed by the Race Organisation - please use your insurance for this purpose.