Triathlon Scotland - Central Club Head Coach Workshop Nov 2017
05 Nov 17
Club Head Coach Workshop
The Club Head Coaches workshop is aimed primarily at coaches who are performing the role of Head Coach within a club environment and aims to support their development within that position.
Date: Sunday 05/11/2017
Time: 09:00 - 17:00
Venue: Gannochy Sports Centre, University of Stirling, Stirling, FK9 4LA
Tutor: Ewan Stirling
Each workshop is built upon core principles and tailored to the coaches attending, so no two workshops will look exactly the same. To facilitate this tailoring process a pre workshop webinar will provide those attending the opportunity to shape the content of the day from the topics below.
- Understanding the Role of a Head Coach.
- Building a vision for your club and coaching team.
- Growing and developing a club and the coaching infrastructure that supports it.
- Understanding the 'business' aspects of clubs (e.g. tax and insurance implications).
- Developing individual coaches.
- Building a coaching team within a club.
- Planning and providing training opportunities within a club, for athletes and coaches.
- Managing safety and welfare in a club.
- Additionally learners will also have access to an online module on the Learning Hub with further resources.
- A minimum of Level 1 Triathlon Coach.
- Up to date Triathlon Scotland Membership.
What to Bring
Paper, pen, lunch, snacks and water.
How to get involved
Click the sign up button at the top of this page.
Once you have signed up you will receive an email from the Coaching Development Manager, Susie Benson, no earlier than 10 days prior to the CPD Session. This will contain all the information you will need regarding the day.
If you have a disability or any additional needs and require assistance in order to fully participate in this session please email
Full Terms and Conditions For Triathlon Scotland Coach CPD sessions can be found here: http://www.triathlonscotland.org/coach/development/coach-development-booking-tcs/