04 Aug 18
Summer Cyclocross presented by Ronde Bicycle Outfitters
HAUGHxCROSS is back (and so is the WHISKY) with what is Scotland’s original summer Cross event, promising to bring this years event to a whole new level of alternative cyclocross competition and racing fun.
Spectators can enjoy racing of all abilities, from the best in the country to absolute beginners. The race will draw in top riders from across the region; race format will consist of two separate races across the day – the first race, The Wee Dram (B race) for those who perhaps dont have the legs on the day or are trying cyclocross for the first time, with The Big Dram (A race) set to offer up the usual cyclocross shenanigans for the more seasoned participants on Saturday evening.
Following the cyclocross a Family Ceilidh will take place in the Festival Marquee. Entry for spectators is FREE but all donations towards the costs for this exceptional event will be gratefully received. We’ll have our beer tent serving the area’s finest local brews, BBQ and other suitably heart-warming fare.
Race commentators will battle to make themselves heard over the ding-a-ling of cowbells – spot prizes will be presented to the noisiest supporters.
- The race format will be open to both men and women, 16 years and over - the relevant age entrant is as you are on the 4th August 2018.
- The race format : there will be a ‘B’ (Wee Dram) race and a ‘A’ race (big dram) with HAUGHxCROSS Champions being crowned in both.
- Kids races will be hosted and organised by local club Carnegie Cyclones
- All upcoming news will be posted on our Facebook page
- There will be 200 entries available.
- Entry is £20 per rider.
- The closing date for advance entries is the 29th of July 2018.
- There will be entries on the day. (Subject to organisers discretion)
- 1.30am – 2.30am Registration and entry on day will take place in the Festival Marquee (Race HQ) or simply enter in advance via entry central
- Entry for Wee and Big Dram open race £20.00 per rider (includes a FREE token for BBQ)
- 1.00pm Kids Haugh+cross event £5.00 (organised by Carnegie Cyclones)
- 2.30pm Wee and Big Dram open Course open for practice
- 4.30pm Sign on closes for The Wee Dram Race
- 5.00pm Wee Dram (B race) 50 mins plus 1 lap
- 5.45pm Sign on closes for The Big Dram Race
- 6.15pm The Big Dram (A race) final 50 mins plus 1 lap
- 7.15pm The Big Dram finishes and result produced for next day
- 7.30pm Beer and Ceilidh
|02 Aug 2018||£20.00|
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
Total Places: 200
Places Available: ??List