GTC Tristars August Camp 1
30 Jul 18
Glasgow Triathlon Club Tristars August No1 Summer Camp 2018
Monday 30th July to Friday 3rd August inclusive – Glasgow Club Bellahouston
We are excited to announce the second of our five-day triathlon camp during the school summer holidays which will provide a fantastic experience for kids aged 8 – 15 to train in the disciplines of triathlon; swimming, cycling and running. We will also cover strength & conditioning, nutrition & transitions.
The camp is open to anyone aged between 8 and 15 who can swim front crawl continuously with their head in the water for at least 4 lengths and has use of a bike which is in good working order (a helmet is mandatory and rider must bring this too). We welcome kids from any club and/or kids who are interested in multisport but with no previous experience, as long as they meet the requirements set out above.
Each day the athletes will be swimming, cycling and undertaking strength and conditioning exercises.
The cost of the camp is £125.00 for five action packed days.
Applications for non-members will be held on a waiting list and approved by GTC by 20th April 2018.
Key Information – full information will be emailed to all participants in advance of the camp.
- Start (drop off) 8.30 and finish 4pm (sharp)
- A good quality bike lock is required with which to secure your bike whilst not in use. There is no facility to store bikes overnight.
- Kids need to bring all their swim, gym, bike, run and transition gear each day and we suggest a change of clothes to wear indoors while on lunch, workshops, and other activities. i.e. jumper and joggies etc. Waterproof kit is essential.
- Kids will need a packed lunch, nutritious snacks and a water bottle.
- A completed consent form will be required for non GTC members which will be emailed to you separately.