Greys Green Charity 10k Trail Race - 'The Posh Run'
16 Sep 17
A 10k trail race to raise funds for Maggie's Cancer Caring Centres on the grounds of Greys Green Farm near Henley-on-Thames.
The race starts and finishes on a 1km straight across two large, well mown fields not usually accessible to the public. In between the route takes in footpaths, bridle paths and health walks across mildly undulating and sometimes muddy ground. Refreshments will be available at 5km, 7.5km and at the finish. Prosecco available at the finish to all runners over the age of 18 hence the name 'The Posh Run'
The race is run under permit from The Trail Running Association (permit number to be confirmed in due course).
Start time: 11am
Greys Green Farm is owned by the Hood family who want to offer access to the land to raise funds for Maggie’s Cancer Caring Centres. More details about the race can be found on the web-site www.greysgreen.run. If you are prepared to make a commitment to raise £50 for Maggie's they will provide a running shirt. Please email with your size at the time of entry if you are willing to make that commitment.
There are no changing facilities so please arrive ready to run. There will be marquee available near the start/finish line where bags may be left at the owner's risk.
Portable toilets will be available on site.
Timing will be from the gun. Please ensure your number is clearly visible on your front. Also be prepared to shout your number at the finish if requested. We are aiming to post the results on the web later the same day.
- Please do not pass your number to anyone else. Entries are transferable on the day so please don't invalidate our insurance.
- You MUST report to a marshall or the race organiser if you are abandoning the race.
- The use of personal stereos, MP3 players, or mobile phones during the race is banned. You need to be fully aware of what is going on around you at all times. This is for your safety, the safety of your fellow competitors and the safety of the public.
- The minimum age for entry to the 10k is 12 years old on race day.
There will be races for younger runners over shorter distances organised on the day.
- Baby buggies, dogs and walking poles are not allowed.
We would welcome any volunteers to help with marshalling, timekeeping etc on the day. If you know of anyone please ask them to email the organiser Fraser Smart at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07525 370 655.
If you have any questions about the race please contact us on email@example.com or call 07525 370 655.
Total Places: 250
Places Available: ??
*Discounted for members of any of EA WA SA
For each sign-up with a card payment, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 5% (min 60p). You pay no surcharge