Forth Road Bridge 10K
18 Aug 19
The Forth Road Bridge 10K is organised by Pitreavie AAC and will take place at 10:30am on Sunday 18th August 2019.
- Registrations will open at 8:30am and will take place in North Queensferry Community Centre, Brock Street, Inverkeithing, KY11 1JD
- Runners will be required to pick up their race number from the registration desk. The timing chip is attached to the number.
- Please see the start list for your number (start lists will also be pinned up on the wall when you enter registration). Start lists are also available on the Pitreavie website.
Please note that in the unlikely event of there being high winds on the day, the Forth Road Bridge Authority has reserved the right to cancel the race and if in doubt you should listen out for local radio announcements on the morning of the race and also check the club website and facebook page:
- There is no parking at the Community Centre, we would recommend parking in the multi-storey car park at the Ferrytoll Park and Ride (Hope Street, Inverkeithing KY11 1HN). The Ferrytoll Park and Ride is a 15 minute walk from North Queensferry Community Centre so please leave yourself sufficient time.
- To access the NQ Community Centre from the Park and Ride head towards the Forth Road Bridge using the pavement that runs alongside the motorway. To the left of the bus stop just before you reach the bridge is a set of stairs that take you up to North Queensferry. At the top of the stairs follow the path that passes the playpark and the community centre is on your right.
Limited changing is available within the Community Centre. There are no showering facilities. The organisers accept no responsibility for loss of clothing or equipment.
The race starts outside North Queensferry Community Centre and finishes at the North end of the Forth Road Bridge.
Please assemble at the start point by 10:20am.
Note the start is quite tight so please start at the marker relative to your predicted finish time.
The course follows an undulating route through North Queensferry and down to Jamestown where you will now encounter an "out and back" section of approximately 600m, before heading out over the Eastern walkway of the Bridge. The course then heads down the service road that heads under the bridge emerging on the West walkway whereby you head North back across the bridge to finish at the Fife Bridgehead.
Please clear the finish area as soon as you can, as you will be standing close to high speed traffic. Spectators can have a good view of the finish from the steps leading up to the Community Centre. Return to the changing area and your car by using the steps leading down and under the bridge, again this will be signposted. Unfortunately the race is unsuitable for wheelchairs.
As this race is on open roads, the use of headphones (other than those medically prescribed) WILL NOT be permitted, with the exception of bone conducting headphones which can be used. Any runners wearing in-ear headphones will face disqualification.
There will be a water station small bottles on the course at approximately 7K. PLease dispose of these carefully. Do not drop themeither on or over the bridge. Bottled water will be available at the finish of the race. Further refreshments of sandwiches, cakes, tea & coffee will be available within the Community Centre.
The prize giving will take place as soon as all of the results are compiled by Stuweb. We have a whole host of individual prizes across a range of age categories, as well as male and female team prizes, so please make sure and stay around for the prize giving.
The race results will be available on the Pitreavie AAC website at www.pitreavie-aac.co.uk and on the Scottish Athletics website at www.scottishathletics.org.uk.
If the event has to be cancelled then all runners will automatically be deferred to the 2020 event, unless they ask for a full refund. There will be a closing date for refunds.
You can transfer your place up to 7 days before the event. Email us if you wish to transfer a place to another runner. Note the runner must be registered on the waiting list for a transfer to take place.
We do not offer a refund or deferral for a withdrawal.
|01 Aug 2019||£14.00||£16.00|
*Discounted for members of any of SA EA WA
To sign-up for this event, the Service Fee is 4% (min 50p) for each sign-up
Dates and Status
Total Places: 400
Places Available: ??List