02 Jul 16
SocialCross, an afternoon of Cyclocross, Ceilidh and Craic
- Open races are for everyone over the age of 12 on 2nd of July
- Race entry is £21 which is for 3 half hour races and a dance at night
- If you're a paid up TLI member for 2016 (this is NOT the same as a British Cycling membership) then you can enter as a member and not have to pay the £5 day memebership
- Racing starts at 12 noon and each runs for approx 30 mins
- Event open to male and female riders.
- Sign-on for the Open race opens at 11.00am and closes at 12.15pm.
- Course will be open for practice prior to the first race
- 60 entries are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Adult balance bike race at the end if enough interest, 2 laps, pedals off and dropped seat
- Day Licence money will be collected on the day so bring your TLI licence or you will be charged a fiver
Under 12s Race
- under 12s, on 2nd July, racing will start at 14.35 and depending on how many entrents will depend on how many races but it will be finished by 15.15
- Under 12s race entry is £ per rider (there is no TLI charge for under 12s). This includes entry into the dance
- Course will be shortened version of the main course.
- Event open to male and female riders.
- Sign-on for the youth race opens at 14.00
- Course will be open for practise from around 14.15
- Online entry only - costs as above.
- No refunds will be given (even if both of your legs fall off prior to the event). All of the money raised will go towards the event. If there is any profit made, this will be split between Cancer Research, SCX and Cross at the Castle
- No huckling the race organisers for a freebie or an entry on the line
- Everyone is to bring a "secret santa" type of prize for between £3 and £5, this doesnt have to be cycling related but does have to be wrapped so we can all be winners
- An overall prize will be awarded to the rider who gets the most points in their three races
- A team prize will be awarded for the club with the most points
- There may well be others if I can blag owt
Location and Course
Glengorm Castle, Isle of Mull
The course will be a variant on the Saturday course for Cross at the Castle but will be all to the seaward side of the Castle so no rocky roads or big run ups.
The dance will start at half seven in the Aros Hall, Tobermory and will be very family friendly till the back of nine when the Black Eyed Peas will let rip and then the full contact celidh dancing will start. There is a licenced bar applied for.
Tickets for non riacers will be £5 and must be booked in advance from the organiser
There will be two or three different routes to have a sociable ride round the forest roads on the North of Mull. These will depart at ten from Tobermory and will all head oout to cafes for lunch and the last ride should be back in Tobermory for about three o'clock at the latest. The routes will be confirmed nearer the time as new roads are getting built just now.
Rules and the other stuff...
- Did we mention no refunds? But you can pass on your entry to someone else if you cant make it
- No helmet = no race.
- Non-racing attachments are fine, as long as they are safe. Cameras are positively welcomed
- There will be no pits but spare bikes and wheels can be utilised between races
- Ther should be a seperate pressure washer off the course for all competitors to use, but it will be scorchio so unnecessary :_)
- There will be NO PARKING AT THE COFFEE SHOP as it will be open for non cyclocrossers, parking spaces will be allocated nearer the time
- The race is being run by a small group of volunteers for no profit, and with a huge investment of time and energy. Comments and feedback are positively welcomed (nay encouraged), but please keep them constructive!
- Anyone wishing to marshall, promotional goods, banners or prizes please get in touch via
- All wolves to be kept on leads please. No exceptions!
- Please give 15 mins at the end to help clear the field so that we all can enjoy the evening
- Thanks to Suppercross ;-)
Any other questions?
Just holler at
|Social Cross U12||02/07/2016||??/60||Closed||25/06/2016|
|Social Cross Open||02/07/2016||??/59||Closed||25/06/2016|