Cob House Halloween 10K / 5K & Kids Fun Runs
17 Nov 2019
Cob House Halloween 10K 2019
"New" 5K Fun Run
Kids Fun Run
In association with the parents of Christopher Whitehead Language College
RESCHEDULED DATE Sunday 17th November 2019
Cob House Country Park
Kids Races start at 10:00am
5K Fun Run starts 10:30am
10K Race starts 11:30am
About the Race
Following the successful first event last year, the Halloween 10k returns with a 3 lapped off-road route which takes in the beautiful grounds of the Cob House Country Park which will again include the spooky woods! This event is ideal for the serious runner and also anyone who just wants to be involved in a fun day and have a go at a 10K or 5K. Runners will be rewarded with a Halloween themed medal for your efforts.
This year £2 minimum from each adult entry will go directly to St Richard's Hospice (Registered Charity No 515668) with the remaining profits going towards the Christopher Whitehead Language College Educational Sports Tour to Barbados in 2020.
If you would like to raise sponsorship for St Richard’s Hospice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01905 763963
- England Athletics Affiliation - Race Licence No 2019-36837
- Bespoke Halloween themed race medal for the 5K and 10K
- Halloween themed race medal for the kids race
- Free parking at Cob House Country Park, please car share where possible
- Full use of the fantastic facilities at Cob House Country Park including the May Fly Cafe which will be serving Hot food (Halloween Menu) and drinks all day.
- Halloween themed fun
10K Race Details
Date: Sunday, 17th November 2019 from 9am - 11.30am start
Venue: Cob House Country Park, Worcester Road, Wichenford, Worcester, WR6 6YE
Distance: 10K (6.21 miles). As this is a multi terrain race, distances are approximate and may vary.
Surface: Off Road - XCountry
Route: 3 laps with a flatish profile
Setting: Off-road Xcountry course around the grounds of Cob House Country Park
- Wheelchair accessible: No, although Yes for spectating
Water station: Yes
Distance markers: Every 1K
Traffic free: Yes
- First Aid: Yes
Awards: Halloween themed medal for all finishers.
Prizes: For 1st, 2nd and 3rd Male and Female in the 10K plus Age category winners for the 10K
- Cerificates for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Boy and Girl in the kids races (1/4 mile and 1 mile)
Changing and Showers: No
Bag storage: Yes, unsupervised
Parking: Yes - Car Share as space is limited
Refreshments: Tea/coffee/soft drinks and hot food available to purchase on the day from the MayFly Cafe.
Entry 10K - (Fancy Dress Optional)
Minimum age: 15 (Entrants under 18 will be permitted but must have permission of parent/guardian to take part)
Entry cost: £13 affiliated, £15 unaffiliated.
On-the-day entry: Only if race is not full (£2 extra)
Postal entry: No
Number collection: Collect race numbers on the day between 9am and 11am.
- Closing date: *** Re opened entries until 15th November 2019 *** or when we reach 300 participants, whichever is reached first.
5K and Kids fun runs - (Fancy Dress Optional)
A 5K fun run will be available this year (Not timed) and will be focused on fun, with trick or treat stations
- ¼ mile and 1 mile Fun Runs: Kids £5
- 5K Fun Run No age limit, although under 10's need to be accompanied by a responsible adult. Adults £12 - Kids £7
- Kids Race Starts at 10am and the 5K Fun Run starts at 10.30am
- Refunds - We hope that once you have entered the race you will not find any need to withdraw, however we do accept that this will occasionally happen. Organising an event requires a considerable amount of forward planning, time, risk, and expense. However, If the race is full and we have a waiting list we will offer an optional 50% refund upto the 3rd November October providing the place is taken by someone from the waiting list. NOTE - You can choose not to have a refund and donate the money to Charity if you wish.
- NO refund will be offered after the 3rd November but we still encourage you to let us know if you can't take part so we can withdraw the entry prior to the start.
- If you are a registered EntryCentral user, then if you are unable to take part, it will be your responsibility to withdraw from the race.
- Entries cannot be transferred on race day.
Terms And Conditions
- The entrant must agree to the following terms and conditions.
- This event is be held under UK Athletics rules. Race Licence applied for. The entrant agrees to abide by the rules of the event and that the officials' decision is final.
- The entrant confirms that they have no medical disability that would endanger themselves or others by taking part (and will not run if unfit to do so on the day).
- The entrant understands that the organisers will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or illness howsoever caused as a result of entering the race. The entrant agrees that during the race they will obey marshals' instructions. No dogs will be allowed on the course.
Confirmation and results
Confirmation of your entry will be emailed to you and posted on the 'sign ups' tab of this Entry Central page, please check carefully.
10K Results link will also be published on this page shortly after the race and emailed out to all participants.
Note - The kids races and 5K fun run will not be timed.
|15 Nov 2019||£13.00||£15.00|
*Discounted for members of any of EA SA WA
|15 Nov 2019||£12.00|
|15 Nov 2019||£5.00|
Dates and Status
Date: 17 Nov 2019
Closing Date: 15 Nov 2019
|Cob House Halloween 10K||??/200|
|Cob House Halloween 5K Fun Run||??/100|
|Cob House Halloween Kid's Fun Run||??/100|