Triathlon Scotland - Level 2 Coaching Qualification
09 Sep 2019 - 29 Feb 2020
2019/2020 Course Dates
Stirling (TS2020STI) – WEEKDAY COURSE – Day 1: 09/09/2019, Day 2: 10/09/2019, Day 3: 07/10/2019, Day 4: 08/10/2019, Day 5: 16/12/2019
Lochgelly (TS2017LOC) – Day 1: 28/09/2019, Day 2: 29/09/2019, Day 3: 26/10/2019, Day 4: 27/10/2019, Day 5: 25/01/2020
Carluke (TS2018CAR) – Day 1: 02/11/2019, Day 2: 03/11/2019, Day 3: 30/11/2019, Day 4: 01/12/2019, Day 5: 23/02/2020
Dalkeith (TS2019DAL) – Day 1: 29/02/2020, Day 2: 01/03/2020, Day 3: 28/03/2020, Day 4: 29/03/2020, Day 5: 20/06/2020
Course Fee £620 (£270 with sportscotland funding)
UKCC Level 2
Level 2 is aimed at people with some experience of coaching (formally or informally) and of triathlon. The knowledge gained from completing this qualification will allow you to develop an understanding of safe, ethical and effective triathlon coaching.
The certificate qualifies you to independently plan, deliver and evaluate triathlon related activities to groups of children and/ or adults in any of the Level 2 coaching environments, including coaching in open water environments.
This course focuses on producing a competent club session coach who can promote the benefits of participating in triathlon, and develop appropriate skill acquisition through quality coaching of participants from grass roots level upwards.
The course is spread over 5 days over a period of 5-6 months consists of:
- 4 full learning days.
- 1 assessment and personal review day.
In addition to 40-60 hours of home study which includes:
- Pre course work for each weekend attended (allow 2-4 hours).
- Session planning and delivery of 6-10 coaching sessions in club environment.
- Completion of online tasks.
- Review of online learning resource.
What will I learn?
Most of the ‘theory’ is in the form of home study modules on our online Learning System and the face to face component will focus on practical and scenario-based activities.
- Delivering engaging and effective sessions.
- Understanding and analysing athletes.
- Planning progressive sessions.
- Coaching safely across a range of environments, including open water.
- How to work with range of participant ages, abilities and aspirations.
The course is supported by an online resource, which contains all the information required to complete the course, and develop your own coaching knowledge and skills.
Pre-requisites and enrolling on a Level 2 course
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Hold a level 1 triathlon coach qualification or complete an Approved Prior Learning application.
- Be a valid Coach Essential or Coach Plus Home Nation member. This is to provide coaching insurance cover.
- Have access to a device for the online resource.
On successful completion of the Level 2 course, you will be able to:
- Plan, deliver and review engaging, performance improvement sessions.
- Evaluate participant performances.
- Create periodised and progressive plans for groups.
- Safely deliver session across a range of environments including open water.
- Work with others when creating plans and delivering sessions.
|03 Oct 2019||£270.00|
For each sign-up, the organiser pays the Service Fee of 4% (min 50p). You pay no surcharge
Dates and Status
|Carluke - TS2018CAR||02 Nov 2019||??/13||Open||03 Oct 2019|
|Dalkeith - TS2019DAL||29 Feb 2020||??/12||Open||30 Jan 2020|
|Lochgelly - TS2017LOC||28 Sep 2019||??/8||Open||29 Aug 2019|
|Stirling - TS2020STI||09 Sep 2019||??/6||Closed||11 Aug 2019|